View Single Post
tbrent21's Avatar tbrent21
06-07-2006, 07:47 AM

Summarizing this thread I think we all pretty much agree that all of their albums kick ass, including Opiate and Undertow. They all just have their unique place in Tool's history.

We all know that a big reason the later albums are more adventurous and often sound better because they come at a time when Tool is an established artist and has clout, money, etc., to pull off better sonic tricks and do what they want to do artistically, let a song go on for 11 minutes, etc.

I am intrigued by the notion of re-recording Undertow with today's technology, and also the band's increased technological reportoire, to make it sound even better. Undertow rocks from beginning to end, a landmark album. Before Undertow hard rock was largely unintelligent and dominated by lazy buffoonery and cheesy machismo. The album gained them their base that set them on the path they are on today. "Sold my soul to make a record."

Last edited by tbrent21; 06-07-2006 at 07:50 AM..
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #27
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Go back and listen to early Tool....

Summarizing this thread I think we all pretty much agree that all of their albums kick ass, including Opiate and Undertow. They all just have their unique place in Tool's history.

We all know that a big reason the later albums are more adventurous and often sound better because they come at a time when Tool is an established artist and has clout, money, etc., to pull off better sonic tricks and do what they want to do artistically, let a song go on for 11 minutes, etc.

I am intrigued by the notion of re-recording Undertow with today's technology, and also the band's increased technological reportoire, to make it sound even better. Undertow rocks from beginning to end, a landmark album. Before Undertow hard rock was largely unintelligent and dominated by lazy buffoonery and cheesy machismo. The album gained them their base that set them on the path they are on today. "Sold my soul to make a record."

Last edited by tbrent21; 06-07-2006 at 07:50 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote