View Single Post
bmeason's Avatar bmeason
06-07-2006, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasstearns
I think everyone tends to underestimate opiate. it is probably my favorite album for one reason. It is a sound they will never recreate. if you listen to 10,000 days you hear ties into all their older albums other than opiate. it just has the raw energy and anger that was only there becuse of there age and anger and the world around them.
Well said. Some of the tracks even recorded live! It is just the beginning of the mold that will eventually produce 10,000 days. Each album stands on its own and is a different part of their views and emotions. Opiate is raw, very raw.. but ALL of their albums are awesome in this same degree! We will never catch them in that moment or space again, when they wrote their music. It is different and says much a new each time. Great to have a time capsule of tool in this form. Amazing it is, yes? :)
Old 06-07-2006, 05:39 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10
Re: Go back and listen to early Tool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasstearns
I think everyone tends to underestimate opiate. it is probably my favorite album for one reason. It is a sound they will never recreate. if you listen to 10,000 days you hear ties into all their older albums other than opiate. it just has the raw energy and anger that was only there becuse of there age and anger and the world around them.
Well said. Some of the tracks even recorded live! It is just the beginning of the mold that will eventually produce 10,000 days. Each album stands on its own and is a different part of their views and emotions. Opiate is raw, very raw.. but ALL of their albums are awesome in this same degree! We will never catch them in that moment or space again, when they wrote their music. It is different and says much a new each time. Great to have a time capsule of tool in this form. Amazing it is, yes? :)