View Single Post
rxsheepxr
05-04-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk_is_rfg
I hope all of you realize that Maynard began as a stand-up comedian. I'm sure you all know this, as you are notorious for looking into every detail of every lyric, riff, and personal history of the band members. What you have most likely failed to connect though, is that Maynard is screwing with you all. He has been for 15 years now. None of this means anything to him. It's all an elaborate joke twisted up into a social experiment of throwing all sorts of random mystical elements into a song, juxtaposing them with tribal drums and weird time signatures, and seeing what kind of profundity the knuckleheads find. I personally think it's hilarious.
If he's the fucking man, then you're the fucking man.

Say a valid point and I'll listen, otherwise don't bother shitting over something other people like.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #85
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: The real meaning of 10000 Days (worth reading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk_is_rfg
I hope all of you realize that Maynard began as a stand-up comedian. I'm sure you all know this, as you are notorious for looking into every detail of every lyric, riff, and personal history of the band members. What you have most likely failed to connect though, is that Maynard is screwing with you all. He has been for 15 years now. None of this means anything to him. It's all an elaborate joke twisted up into a social experiment of throwing all sorts of random mystical elements into a song, juxtaposing them with tribal drums and weird time signatures, and seeing what kind of profundity the knuckleheads find. I personally think it's hilarious.
If he's the fucking man, then you're the fucking man.

Say a valid point and I'll listen, otherwise don't bother shitting over something other people like.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote