View Single Post
Queen B's Avatar Queen B
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylo View Post
The vocals were very disappointing as I couldn't hear any Maynard. When I did, IT SOUNDED LIKE A FUCKING ALBUM TRACK. Whenever Maynard was singing he assumed a position where he pretty much hid his mouth and you couldn't see what he was doing. Put his arm up in an awkward way and turned to the side, sometimes with his back to the crowd even. Did no one else notice this? Makes sense now that I read on the official website that he has a viral infection, and they are delaying shows now. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there was very little actual singing there. Totally sucks.

Adam barely moved and displayed no expression whatsoever (except when a flying beer cup almost reached the stage early on in the set. He glanced up), but I don't care because he sounded really great, as did all the band.

My favorite song was Flood, which despite its dirge-like pace seemed to evoke some energy from the band, particularly Justin.

I was about 50-60 feet from the stage, and most of the crowd around me was cool. I saw a bunch of people being foolish up front, but security seemed to be removing those fuckers. Maybe I'm wrong tho. I wanted to get seats, but like others have said, the ticket buying process was a clusterfuck, and i ended up on the floor.

I wish they would have played a slightly expanded set, and more pre-Aenima stuff. Overall they seemed to be going through the motions. But what motions they were!
Nothing to me sounded like an album track- but I have read before a lot of bands will play some of the cd vocals to add for better sound but NOT rely on it however I do not know how true this is but throwing it out there anyways. There really wasn't a removal of anyone for being asshats- there was a couple the rest were girls who the crowd used it as a safety and assistant measure to get people OUT of the pit that needed it like the short lil girls who wanted to brave it but then couldn't stand it so they'd lift them up and move them toward security to be pulled out. There was a fight that lasted all of 10 seconds and security pulled them out.
Maynard didn't really seem to act out of character from the previous show I saw in Casper, at least to me.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Nov 25 Billings, MT Metrapark Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylo View Post
The vocals were very disappointing as I couldn't hear any Maynard. When I did, IT SOUNDED LIKE A FUCKING ALBUM TRACK. Whenever Maynard was singing he assumed a position where he pretty much hid his mouth and you couldn't see what he was doing. Put his arm up in an awkward way and turned to the side, sometimes with his back to the crowd even. Did no one else notice this? Makes sense now that I read on the official website that he has a viral infection, and they are delaying shows now. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there was very little actual singing there. Totally sucks.

Adam barely moved and displayed no expression whatsoever (except when a flying beer cup almost reached the stage early on in the set. He glanced up), but I don't care because he sounded really great, as did all the band.

My favorite song was Flood, which despite its dirge-like pace seemed to evoke some energy from the band, particularly Justin.

I was about 50-60 feet from the stage, and most of the crowd around me was cool. I saw a bunch of people being foolish up front, but security seemed to be removing those fuckers. Maybe I'm wrong tho. I wanted to get seats, but like others have said, the ticket buying process was a clusterfuck, and i ended up on the floor.

I wish they would have played a slightly expanded set, and more pre-Aenima stuff. Overall they seemed to be going through the motions. But what motions they were!
Nothing to me sounded like an album track- but I have read before a lot of bands will play some of the cd vocals to add for better sound but NOT rely on it however I do not know how true this is but throwing it out there anyways. There really wasn't a removal of anyone for being asshats- there was a couple the rest were girls who the crowd used it as a safety and assistant measure to get people OUT of the pit that needed it like the short lil girls who wanted to brave it but then couldn't stand it so they'd lift them up and move them toward security to be pulled out. There was a fight that lasted all of 10 seconds and security pulled them out.
Maynard didn't really seem to act out of character from the previous show I saw in Casper, at least to me.
OFFLINE |