View Single Post
aurie
11-26-2007, 11:33 AM

We started near the back of the floor after a bit of a rough weekend and the sound was by far the best right at the mixing table. As the music drew us closer and closer to the stage the sound became more and more muttled. Particularly the vocals which were all but inaudible during wings and 10000 days. I'd say it was a good show, not great but good.

I saw tool last time they were in the Metra years back and that was a better show I'd say. I think this owes to the tempo of the music. 10000 days is a very mellow record when copmpared directly to lateralus and the show has the same attitude. The laser show however makes up for in a way the pace of the music as you can drift into the experience more so than having to watch out for flying folding chairs.

Two last things. It would have been nice to have had a bit of an extended setlist since we got no opening band. I understand that it wasn't tool's fault that trans am got lost driving from SLC to Billings(????), but 48 bucks is a bit steep for just under 2 hours of music. Just a thought from one guy. Lastly, what MJK said before wings was "Please not flash photography on this side, no flash photography, please." As some jackass shot a huge flash photo right in the middle of the intro to the song. Cheers.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 25 Billings, MT Metrapark Arena

We started near the back of the floor after a bit of a rough weekend and the sound was by far the best right at the mixing table. As the music drew us closer and closer to the stage the sound became more and more muttled. Particularly the vocals which were all but inaudible during wings and 10000 days. I'd say it was a good show, not great but good.

I saw tool last time they were in the Metra years back and that was a better show I'd say. I think this owes to the tempo of the music. 10000 days is a very mellow record when copmpared directly to lateralus and the show has the same attitude. The laser show however makes up for in a way the pace of the music as you can drift into the experience more so than having to watch out for flying folding chairs.

Two last things. It would have been nice to have had a bit of an extended setlist since we got no opening band. I understand that it wasn't tool's fault that trans am got lost driving from SLC to Billings(????), but 48 bucks is a bit steep for just under 2 hours of music. Just a thought from one guy. Lastly, what MJK said before wings was "Please not flash photography on this side, no flash photography, please." As some jackass shot a huge flash photo right in the middle of the intro to the song. Cheers.
OFFLINE |