View Single Post
chris_654
11-26-2007, 10:53 AM

I'm not sure what happened with Trans Am- everyone was expecting them to come on at 8, but by the time 8:30 rolled around nobody was onstage. I didn't realize until Tool walked on around 8:35 that none of Trans Am's gear was set up, so I assume they weren't planning on playing at all. But I'm glad they didn't try to come on half an hour late... I don't think the crowd would've been very kind.

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) ions (briefly)/Stinkfist
Forty-six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Nothing unexpected as far as the set goes. I was a good 30 feet from the stage so that may have affected sound quality for me, but it became aural mud quite a bit. Maynard's vocals were mixed pretty low throughout and was completely inaudible in some places (though on Lateralus it seemed to have worked out).

Maynard came out wearing a hunter orange Puscifer sweatshirt, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots. He's probably done that everywhere else, but I thought it was funny, being the tail end of hunting season here. Seemed like he was enjoying himself, even talked to the crowd a bit ("Mon-fucking-tana!" "How're you guys tonight?", etc). Adam (pig-tails and all) on the other hand, looked bored as shit the entire time. And just before starting Wings, Maynard said something but I couldn't make it out. Something with "please don't... ... Please". I think "mosh", maybe for that song specifically? That's the only logical thing I could come up with...

Anyways, before going into Vicarious, Maynard said, "Thanks for coming out, we'll see you again real soon." And after finishing, the band gathered at front stage, shook hand/hugged, and left smiling. Decide for yourself whether that was an act or not, but I really didn't get the impression that the band had a problem with the crowd. Seemed like a good show.

This being my first Tool show, I was pretty in awe of the whole thing. Wings and Lateralus were absolutely jaw-dropping, with the screen displays/lasers... The closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had.

Last edited by chris_654; 11-26-2007 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 25 Billings, MT Metrapark Arena

I'm not sure what happened with Trans Am- everyone was expecting them to come on at 8, but by the time 8:30 rolled around nobody was onstage. I didn't realize until Tool walked on around 8:35 that none of Trans Am's gear was set up, so I assume they weren't planning on playing at all. But I'm glad they didn't try to come on half an hour late... I don't think the crowd would've been very kind.

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) ions (briefly)/Stinkfist
Forty-six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Nothing unexpected as far as the set goes. I was a good 30 feet from the stage so that may have affected sound quality for me, but it became aural mud quite a bit. Maynard's vocals were mixed pretty low throughout and was completely inaudible in some places (though on Lateralus it seemed to have worked out).

Maynard came out wearing a hunter orange Puscifer sweatshirt, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots. He's probably done that everywhere else, but I thought it was funny, being the tail end of hunting season here. Seemed like he was enjoying himself, even talked to the crowd a bit ("Mon-fucking-tana!" "How're you guys tonight?", etc). Adam (pig-tails and all) on the other hand, looked bored as shit the entire time. And just before starting Wings, Maynard said something but I couldn't make it out. Something with "please don't... ... Please". I think "mosh", maybe for that song specifically? That's the only logical thing I could come up with...

Anyways, before going into Vicarious, Maynard said, "Thanks for coming out, we'll see you again real soon." And after finishing, the band gathered at front stage, shook hand/hugged, and left smiling. Decide for yourself whether that was an act or not, but I really didn't get the impression that the band had a problem with the crowd. Seemed like a good show.

This being my first Tool show, I was pretty in awe of the whole thing. Wings and Lateralus were absolutely jaw-dropping, with the screen displays/lasers... The closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had.

Last edited by chris_654; 11-26-2007 at 10:55 AM..
OFFLINE |