View Single Post
btravis311
07-29-2009, 08:09 AM

7th Tool show for me. 3 Lateralus shows, 3 10,000 Days shows, now this one.

I should preface this by saying that I LOVE this band and love to see them live and appreciate what goes into the production and execution of such a transcendent A/V experience. Thanks to band and crew. Money well spent.

Most of the reviews I'm seeing here echo what I would say. I was on the floor about 30 feet back from the stage. The folks around me were cool, pretty much bullshit-free, which is a nice change. Danny was a beast, and worth the price of admission alone. I rate the sound from my location a C+. As has been mentioned already, MJK's just not bringing it like I've seen him do in the past. The Lateralus-era performances were inspired. These days, not so much. Maybe one day we'll get some un-filtered answer as to why this is. At the end of the day, though, it's up to each of us to decide whether it's worth our money or not.

It was my first time hearing "Flood," so it was all worth it, really.

A Tool gig was leaps and bounds more fun than ANYTHING else I might have had going that night. Even a Tool gig where MJK pretty much phones it in.

Last edited by btravis311; 07-29-2009 at 09:05 AM..
Old 07-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

7th Tool show for me. 3 Lateralus shows, 3 10,000 Days shows, now this one.

I should preface this by saying that I LOVE this band and love to see them live and appreciate what goes into the production and execution of such a transcendent A/V experience. Thanks to band and crew. Money well spent.

Most of the reviews I'm seeing here echo what I would say. I was on the floor about 30 feet back from the stage. The folks around me were cool, pretty much bullshit-free, which is a nice change. Danny was a beast, and worth the price of admission alone. I rate the sound from my location a C+. As has been mentioned already, MJK's just not bringing it like I've seen him do in the past. The Lateralus-era performances were inspired. These days, not so much. Maybe one day we'll get some un-filtered answer as to why this is. At the end of the day, though, it's up to each of us to decide whether it's worth our money or not.

It was my first time hearing "Flood," so it was all worth it, really.

A Tool gig was leaps and bounds more fun than ANYTHING else I might have had going that night. Even a Tool gig where MJK pretty much phones it in.

Last edited by btravis311; 07-29-2009 at 09:05 AM..
OFFLINE |