View Single Post
Bundahead's Avatar Bundahead
07-29-2009, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondegreen View Post
I agree on all points.

Especially about behavior in GA. I ended up getting pulled over the rail because I was trying to keep some stupid fucker from continuously ramming his elbows into my back. Not just coincidental contact, I mean actually running into my back with his elbows pointing toward me. I turned around to tell him to stop and he was coming at me full force for the third time. I shoved him away from me and the dumb assed security pulled me out instead of the trouble maker. Typical.
You guys have hit the nail on the head! I had GA tickets and stood in that line for 2 hours in the hot ass blazing sun. There were about 20 people ahead of us in line. My husband and i secured our spaces just a few feet from the stage right before the show began. We were so excited...the stage wasn't set as high as the last concert and it felt intimate...safe.
But boy were we wrong.
The push from the people behind us began with the first song; and i expected that. What i didn't expect was the attack that followed. All of a sudden a large group of guys started bum rushing their way through the crowd towards the front. It was like a tidal wave pushing through and everyone in their way were pushed back several feet. This happened over and over again. My husband spent the duration of the concert keeping the two of us upright as these assholes beat the crap out of one another and innocent bystanders alike. Near the end of the concert I couldn't stand it anymore. I worked my way backwards, out of the crowd, and went upstairs.
I just can't believe that this was my experience. I never got to enjoy any of the show. So all of you guys who want to nitpick Maynards performance or the sound quality of the guitars count yourself lucky that you were able to see and hear well enough to be so discerning. Maybe the reason Maynard lacks charisma each time he returns to atlanta is because of how poorly we represent ourselves. And now i'm left with such a deep sense of disappointment. This was the only vacation time my husband had taken in a year; and the first time we'd been anywhere together alone since the birth of our little girl 14 months ago. I needed this so badly. I deserved just one night to enjoy something i love so much: Tool's music. No one cared, nobody thought of anyone else, they stole something very valuable from me and i am left with no way to redeem what was lost. I left the arena in tears. What a huge disappointment.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:58 AM   #67
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondegreen View Post
I agree on all points.

Especially about behavior in GA. I ended up getting pulled over the rail because I was trying to keep some stupid fucker from continuously ramming his elbows into my back. Not just coincidental contact, I mean actually running into my back with his elbows pointing toward me. I turned around to tell him to stop and he was coming at me full force for the third time. I shoved him away from me and the dumb assed security pulled me out instead of the trouble maker. Typical.
You guys have hit the nail on the head! I had GA tickets and stood in that line for 2 hours in the hot ass blazing sun. There were about 20 people ahead of us in line. My husband and i secured our spaces just a few feet from the stage right before the show began. We were so excited...the stage wasn't set as high as the last concert and it felt intimate...safe.
But boy were we wrong.
The push from the people behind us began with the first song; and i expected that. What i didn't expect was the attack that followed. All of a sudden a large group of guys started bum rushing their way through the crowd towards the front. It was like a tidal wave pushing through and everyone in their way were pushed back several feet. This happened over and over again. My husband spent the duration of the concert keeping the two of us upright as these assholes beat the crap out of one another and innocent bystanders alike. Near the end of the concert I couldn't stand it anymore. I worked my way backwards, out of the crowd, and went upstairs.
I just can't believe that this was my experience. I never got to enjoy any of the show. So all of you guys who want to nitpick Maynards performance or the sound quality of the guitars count yourself lucky that you were able to see and hear well enough to be so discerning. Maybe the reason Maynard lacks charisma each time he returns to atlanta is because of how poorly we represent ourselves. And now i'm left with such a deep sense of disappointment. This was the only vacation time my husband had taken in a year; and the first time we'd been anywhere together alone since the birth of our little girl 14 months ago. I needed this so badly. I deserved just one night to enjoy something i love so much: Tool's music. No one cared, nobody thought of anyone else, they stole something very valuable from me and i am left with no way to redeem what was lost. I left the arena in tears. What a huge disappointment.
OFFLINE |