View Single Post
Ocajinoj
07-28-2009, 09:10 PM

I thought the show was great and I had way too much fun to nitpick to the level of some.

I really doubt Maynard would be there if he didn't want to be. There's lots of history to back this up, and I think it's kinda funny to see supposed hardcore fans of the band bitching about ticket prices and the like. This band has given me years of enjoyment and I'd honestly be happy to pay more than the 70+ dollars I payed for floor access.

Thanks junior for posting here and giving us little tidbits of info. I thought your post brought a little light and clarity to what unfortunately seems to be turning into an ugly thread. Major kudos to you and the other guys who made the visual aspect of the show pure eyecandy.

I thought Maynard and the rest of the boys sounded fucking great on Jambi, Flood and Aenema. I spent the evening about 20 rows deep in front of Justin. DC was just..... holy fuck it's hard to believe anyone is that good. Him ALONE is worth the price of admission imo. The one complaint I do agree with was the end of the show when Maynard didn't sing to me what is the most powerful lines of Vicarious and the static set list. I could have sworn they were about to play Third Eye at one point and Prison Sex at another... Justin did a pick scrape on his bass that sounded to me exactly like the intro to PS - But w/e. I got over it before leaving the arena.

Praying for a new album > hopefully another new direction for the band > and more opportunities to see them live. Ty Tool.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #61
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

I thought the show was great and I had way too much fun to nitpick to the level of some.

I really doubt Maynard would be there if he didn't want to be. There's lots of history to back this up, and I think it's kinda funny to see supposed hardcore fans of the band bitching about ticket prices and the like. This band has given me years of enjoyment and I'd honestly be happy to pay more than the 70+ dollars I payed for floor access.

Thanks junior for posting here and giving us little tidbits of info. I thought your post brought a little light and clarity to what unfortunately seems to be turning into an ugly thread. Major kudos to you and the other guys who made the visual aspect of the show pure eyecandy.

I thought Maynard and the rest of the boys sounded fucking great on Jambi, Flood and Aenema. I spent the evening about 20 rows deep in front of Justin. DC was just..... holy fuck it's hard to believe anyone is that good. Him ALONE is worth the price of admission imo. The one complaint I do agree with was the end of the show when Maynard didn't sing to me what is the most powerful lines of Vicarious and the static set list. I could have sworn they were about to play Third Eye at one point and Prison Sex at another... Justin did a pick scrape on his bass that sounded to me exactly like the intro to PS - But w/e. I got over it before leaving the arena.

Praying for a new album > hopefully another new direction for the band > and more opportunities to see them live. Ty Tool.
OFFLINE |