View Single Post
Freshspence
07-28-2009, 07:35 PM

I realize its manual (and impressed, for that matter). when i said 'in sync' i know its not as simple as pushing a button at the beginning of the show and letting it run out. i meant more from a conceptual point of view. they have certain videos/images/coloring (with your input as you stated in another post somewhere) that they want for certain songs. so unless there is a pre-made video montage for every single song available for every show, they are inherently limited to play the songs for the videos they have prepared. cuz if they decided to play Hooker with a Penis on the fly, the Rosetta video sure wouldnt make any sense (except maybe for the guy walking down the highway, who could be a HWAP). im sure there is stock footage available for spontaneous one-offs, but inherently, they've developed a show that combines specific video with specific audio elements (with the timing precision resting on both the band and the lighting crew) ahead of time, and in their quest for this overall experience, spontaneity is vastly limited. its their decision and i respect it on one level. but its frustrating on another.

by stripped down i also meant something more along the lines of simple videos that arent unique to the song being played. upon re-reading my post, i see the ambiguity in my wording. but its just my thoughts. i certainly dont know the reason, i just have my thoughts and opinion on the matter.

All visual aspects of the show are operated 100% by humans, and played like an instrument. The band do not play along to the visuals. There is no time code or click track. Those aspects are in sync only because the lighting, video, and laser operators are pushing the right buttons at the right times.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

I realize its manual (and impressed, for that matter). when i said 'in sync' i know its not as simple as pushing a button at the beginning of the show and letting it run out. i meant more from a conceptual point of view. they have certain videos/images/coloring (with your input as you stated in another post somewhere) that they want for certain songs. so unless there is a pre-made video montage for every single song available for every show, they are inherently limited to play the songs for the videos they have prepared. cuz if they decided to play Hooker with a Penis on the fly, the Rosetta video sure wouldnt make any sense (except maybe for the guy walking down the highway, who could be a HWAP). im sure there is stock footage available for spontaneous one-offs, but inherently, they've developed a show that combines specific video with specific audio elements (with the timing precision resting on both the band and the lighting crew) ahead of time, and in their quest for this overall experience, spontaneity is vastly limited. its their decision and i respect it on one level. but its frustrating on another.

by stripped down i also meant something more along the lines of simple videos that arent unique to the song being played. upon re-reading my post, i see the ambiguity in my wording. but its just my thoughts. i certainly dont know the reason, i just have my thoughts and opinion on the matter.

All visual aspects of the show are operated 100% by humans, and played like an instrument. The band do not play along to the visuals. There is no time code or click track. Those aspects are in sync only because the lighting, video, and laser operators are pushing the right buttons at the right times.
OFFLINE |