View Single Post
EyesOfAFallenAngel's Avatar EyesOfAFallenAngel
12-11-2007, 01:47 PM

Amazing show. The energy last night was unlike the other two I've been to this tour. It was incredible.

Maynard seemed to be very into it, and was pleased with the crowd. "Thank you all for being so pleasant." And most people around us were pleasant. Though, the couple kind of in front of us ((like someone else had said about the people in their row)) kept getting up over and over and over. There was also a drunk moron sitting in the row in front of us, a few seats to the right, who would clap along. Not a big deal, besides the fact that his clapping was one of those super loud, annoying, shut-the-fuck-up type claps...not to mention that he looked mentally challenged when he did it. I yelled at the same guy to shut the fuck up during Wings. Be respectful, damnit. There were several people around us who had brought in some weed, and it was a definite smell in the area. The two guys in front of us, over a seat or two, were trying to be sneaky about smoking their pipe, ha.

Anyways, the extended versions were great, and it was definitely nice hearing the full vocals from Maynard at the end of Vicarious. Lateralus, always a treat ((and once again, Coady did a wonderful job next to Danny)). Schism really hit the spot, and the sped up version was, again, quite incredible. Wings/10000 Days, always moving. Hell, everything was great.

The visuals this time seemed much more involved. They were definitely spectacular. The lasers were right on, and it gave such a great ambiance. I have to say that sitting up higher was a good choice. Had we been sitting on the floor, we wouldn't have been able to see the great lights show as well. It was pretty damn amazing.

First time I've been to the Nokia Live theater, and I was very pleased. It looks good and sounds good. I have to agree with whoever said something about the "hallway of cells"...that was pretty weird. Great venue, though. Definitely wouldn't mind going back there sometime.

Did anyone else get a camera in? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
BTW.....Does anyone else think they looked like they were gonna play one more song after Vicarious?

After they finished playing Vicarious, Adam kept his guitar on and still had his pick in hand and looked like he was ready to play the next song. After a couple of minutes he turned to Maynard and said something to him. Maynard said something back and thats when he finally took off the guitar.
YES! They stood around much longer, and we were anticipating a little something extra. Sadly, not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFF0RD6 View Post
i am appalled by the choice to leave the ceiling exposed, it looks like the kid sister of staples center with hideous ventilation ducts. i was hoping it would be more of a traditional theatre look (kodak theatre) but no luck.
I don't think the venue is quite done yet. Maybe that's something they'll deal with later.

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly

Last edited by EyesOfAFallenAngel; 12-11-2007 at 01:52 PM..
Old 12-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #36
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3227
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Amazing show. The energy last night was unlike the other two I've been to this tour. It was incredible.

Maynard seemed to be very into it, and was pleased with the crowd. "Thank you all for being so pleasant." And most people around us were pleasant. Though, the couple kind of in front of us ((like someone else had said about the people in their row)) kept getting up over and over and over. There was also a drunk moron sitting in the row in front of us, a few seats to the right, who would clap along. Not a big deal, besides the fact that his clapping was one of those super loud, annoying, shut-the-fuck-up type claps...not to mention that he looked mentally challenged when he did it. I yelled at the same guy to shut the fuck up during Wings. Be respectful, damnit. There were several people around us who had brought in some weed, and it was a definite smell in the area. The two guys in front of us, over a seat or two, were trying to be sneaky about smoking their pipe, ha.

Anyways, the extended versions were great, and it was definitely nice hearing the full vocals from Maynard at the end of Vicarious. Lateralus, always a treat ((and once again, Coady did a wonderful job next to Danny)). Schism really hit the spot, and the sped up version was, again, quite incredible. Wings/10000 Days, always moving. Hell, everything was great.

The visuals this time seemed much more involved. They were definitely spectacular. The lasers were right on, and it gave such a great ambiance. I have to say that sitting up higher was a good choice. Had we been sitting on the floor, we wouldn't have been able to see the great lights show as well. It was pretty damn amazing.

First time I've been to the Nokia Live theater, and I was very pleased. It looks good and sounds good. I have to agree with whoever said something about the "hallway of cells"...that was pretty weird. Great venue, though. Definitely wouldn't mind going back there sometime.

Did anyone else get a camera in? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
BTW.....Does anyone else think they looked like they were gonna play one more song after Vicarious?

After they finished playing Vicarious, Adam kept his guitar on and still had his pick in hand and looked like he was ready to play the next song. After a couple of minutes he turned to Maynard and said something to him. Maynard said something back and thats when he finally took off the guitar.
YES! They stood around much longer, and we were anticipating a little something extra. Sadly, not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFF0RD6 View Post
i am appalled by the choice to leave the ceiling exposed, it looks like the kid sister of staples center with hideous ventilation ducts. i was hoping it would be more of a traditional theatre look (kodak theatre) but no luck.
I don't think the venue is quite done yet. Maybe that's something they'll deal with later.

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly

Last edited by EyesOfAFallenAngel; 12-11-2007 at 01:52 PM..
OFFLINE |