View Single Post
dabouleyboo
12-11-2007, 02:49 AM

8TH Show

The Good:

Great Show. Band was awesome. Maynard's tone was great. Don't know if it was the venue, but the vocals could have been turned up a notch. Live extended "mid-sections" for Stinkfist and Schism are bad-ass! Danny's a machine! It's a monster of a production. Really cool! Although . . . they are getting dangerously close to all the extra "stuff" being a distraction rather than a compliment to the music. They probably could have added at least one more song if they had cut a little bit out of all the 'trippy' stuff in between songs too. Some is cool, but too much? You decide. Lateralus and Vicarious are great songs to end the show on. Would liked to have seen Right In Two - for those of you who have never seen it live, pray that you get to some day. All in all, another great showing by the best live band of our day.

The Bad (and unfortunately what I'll remember most about tonight):

The fucking people! To reiterate what Sonnyboy above said, there are always some jack-asses willing to ruin it for everyone. But tonight was worse. I am seriously considering never going to a concert again - I can't take it anymore! There is no fucking respect or consideration for others anymore. And people are just getting worse!

. . . So. I had this group of like 10 or 12 cholo-fuckin'-might-as-well-be-gangbangin'-meathead-motherfuckers behind me at the top of the Orchestra section. Loud and belligerent as hell! Chain drinking the whole show and only getting louder as the show went on. Seriously, why go to a goddamn concert just to hang out with friends so you can talk about your meaningless lives and God knows what over the music??! No, I don't give a shit why she's mad at you, or who broke up with who, or why your job sucks, or how much you drank last night. Shut the fuck up and watch the show!!!

. . . So. I tried my best, I really did. But I snapped. When 'Wings' started and some dude and his whiny-ass bitch were, I shit you not, were flirting with eachother and kept getting louder so they could talk over the music, I lost it. I guess that song is quieter and starts off slower so it must not be that important (Jesus, could that be further from the truth?) and makes for an opportune time to say whatever the hell you want to talk about and completely ignore the fact that others around you have to listen to your own intolerable voice.

. . . So. I turned around to see of the 10 or so, there are about 6-7 guys. Probably all at least my size or bigger, but I didn't care at this point. I say, "Hey! . . . Hey!" Then a couple of them look at me. Them: "What dude" Me: "Shut up. Be quiet." Them: "What did you say dude?!" Me: "Shut the fuck up! No seriously. All of you (now they're all looking at me) . . . All of you shut the fuck up and watch the goddamn show!" To which several people in my row say Amen! Thank you! Someone finally said something! But now, I've just instigated them.

. . . So. I'm met with inevitable, "Whatchu say holmes?! You gotta problem? You wanna step outside?" Me: "Yeah, I do have a problem. No one around you can concentrate on the show. Have some freaking courtesy!" Then a few of them lean over like they're going to throw a punch. Cool! That's the solution! Straight to "Let's fight!" No dialogue. No, "Sorry man, we'll try to be more quiet." Or, "Sorry everyone that we're such Assholes." Nope. It's, "I'm gonna kick your ass!" At that point, I seriously thought that it wouldn't be such a bad thing if one of these guys threw a punch. I would have been outnumbered, but I would have been happy to land a few shots on some of them before getting my ass kicked.

. . . So. I basically told them to have some courtesy and quit being assholes, and then tried to turn around and get back into the show which didn't really happen at that point. They (mostly the whiny chick mentioned above) kept making comments to me like, "It's a concert. It's a Tool concert (they obviously don't know much about the band). People yell. Who gives a shit? Oh, some people don't like others to have fun." (Again, it wasn't the yelling or cheering. It was all the other stupid shit). And then my personal favorite from one of the cholo-meatheads, "Hey dude. I paid good money for these seats too. We should be able to do what we want. We can be loud if we want." Awesome! So if I buy a movie ticket, I should be able to rest my balls on the forehead of the guy in front of me if I so feel. Good to know. After all, I paid to be there.

. . . So. My experience pretty much blew. And this is becoming a common thing. Whether it's Tool or someone like Dave Matthews or even a movie theater, people suck! I'm sick of shelling out hundreds of dollars for a decent seat only to have it ruined by Dipshit and the Seven Douchebags. I'd rather be in a mosh pit (not really). At least then I don't have to hear nails on a chalkboard.

In closing . . . Sorry for the bummer account. I wish there could be shows for true fans and respectful people. Maybe Tool can start doing a "public service announcement" before each show. Just a thought. It would probably be to no avail.

. . . until then.

Last edited by dabouleyboo; 12-11-2007 at 03:05 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

8TH Show

The Good:

Great Show. Band was awesome. Maynard's tone was great. Don't know if it was the venue, but the vocals could have been turned up a notch. Live extended "mid-sections" for Stinkfist and Schism are bad-ass! Danny's a machine! It's a monster of a production. Really cool! Although . . . they are getting dangerously close to all the extra "stuff" being a distraction rather than a compliment to the music. They probably could have added at least one more song if they had cut a little bit out of all the 'trippy' stuff in between songs too. Some is cool, but too much? You decide. Lateralus and Vicarious are great songs to end the show on. Would liked to have seen Right In Two - for those of you who have never seen it live, pray that you get to some day. All in all, another great showing by the best live band of our day.

The Bad (and unfortunately what I'll remember most about tonight):

The fucking people! To reiterate what Sonnyboy above said, there are always some jack-asses willing to ruin it for everyone. But tonight was worse. I am seriously considering never going to a concert again - I can't take it anymore! There is no fucking respect or consideration for others anymore. And people are just getting worse!

. . . So. I had this group of like 10 or 12 cholo-fuckin'-might-as-well-be-gangbangin'-meathead-motherfuckers behind me at the top of the Orchestra section. Loud and belligerent as hell! Chain drinking the whole show and only getting louder as the show went on. Seriously, why go to a goddamn concert just to hang out with friends so you can talk about your meaningless lives and God knows what over the music??! No, I don't give a shit why she's mad at you, or who broke up with who, or why your job sucks, or how much you drank last night. Shut the fuck up and watch the show!!!

. . . So. I tried my best, I really did. But I snapped. When 'Wings' started and some dude and his whiny-ass bitch were, I shit you not, were flirting with eachother and kept getting louder so they could talk over the music, I lost it. I guess that song is quieter and starts off slower so it must not be that important (Jesus, could that be further from the truth?) and makes for an opportune time to say whatever the hell you want to talk about and completely ignore the fact that others around you have to listen to your own intolerable voice.

. . . So. I turned around to see of the 10 or so, there are about 6-7 guys. Probably all at least my size or bigger, but I didn't care at this point. I say, "Hey! . . . Hey!" Then a couple of them look at me. Them: "What dude" Me: "Shut up. Be quiet." Them: "What did you say dude?!" Me: "Shut the fuck up! No seriously. All of you (now they're all looking at me) . . . All of you shut the fuck up and watch the goddamn show!" To which several people in my row say Amen! Thank you! Someone finally said something! But now, I've just instigated them.

. . . So. I'm met with inevitable, "Whatchu say holmes?! You gotta problem? You wanna step outside?" Me: "Yeah, I do have a problem. No one around you can concentrate on the show. Have some freaking courtesy!" Then a few of them lean over like they're going to throw a punch. Cool! That's the solution! Straight to "Let's fight!" No dialogue. No, "Sorry man, we'll try to be more quiet." Or, "Sorry everyone that we're such Assholes." Nope. It's, "I'm gonna kick your ass!" At that point, I seriously thought that it wouldn't be such a bad thing if one of these guys threw a punch. I would have been outnumbered, but I would have been happy to land a few shots on some of them before getting my ass kicked.

. . . So. I basically told them to have some courtesy and quit being assholes, and then tried to turn around and get back into the show which didn't really happen at that point. They (mostly the whiny chick mentioned above) kept making comments to me like, "It's a concert. It's a Tool concert (they obviously don't know much about the band). People yell. Who gives a shit? Oh, some people don't like others to have fun." (Again, it wasn't the yelling or cheering. It was all the other stupid shit). And then my personal favorite from one of the cholo-meatheads, "Hey dude. I paid good money for these seats too. We should be able to do what we want. We can be loud if we want." Awesome! So if I buy a movie ticket, I should be able to rest my balls on the forehead of the guy in front of me if I so feel. Good to know. After all, I paid to be there.

. . . So. My experience pretty much blew. And this is becoming a common thing. Whether it's Tool or someone like Dave Matthews or even a movie theater, people suck! I'm sick of shelling out hundreds of dollars for a decent seat only to have it ruined by Dipshit and the Seven Douchebags. I'd rather be in a mosh pit (not really). At least then I don't have to hear nails on a chalkboard.

In closing . . . Sorry for the bummer account. I wish there could be shows for true fans and respectful people. Maybe Tool can start doing a "public service announcement" before each show. Just a thought. It would probably be to no avail.

. . . until then.

Last edited by dabouleyboo; 12-11-2007 at 03:05 AM..
OFFLINE |