View Single Post
gabis
12-11-2007, 02:07 AM

The Maynard Speak:

"San Fransisco was louder, and we don't play there til tomorrow. You must be tired from all your casting calls, and such."

"So I hear theres a writers strike, thats a bummer. I wrote something, though, if anyone is interested. Its about this mother and daughter, and they switch brains or something. So then the mom like, has to go to school and... yeah. Anyway..."

My 10th show, and definitely the best show visually yet. The lasers, the whole alien abduction feel interlude... made me long for a couple doses. Overall, the sound was excellent. There were a couple of minor hiccups which seemed to come from an over abundance of bass, but nothing too noticeable. Adam also seemed to have a little trouble here and there. A couple things seemed to be technical in nature, but he missed a couple of pauses and hopped in late a couple times. But thats just me nit-picking.

It was, as always, an amazing musical adventure. I had the luck of bringing a long time friend, and tool virgin, who had an amazing time with his new lady friend. The look in his eyes after the show really brought me back to the amazement I felt my first show. Fucking awesome.

As the others have mentioned, the venue is AWESOME. Very, very impressed. We were in the Loge, second row on Adams side. Had an excellent view of the light show, and was still plenty able to see the band rock out.

Can't wait for Vegas on Friday!!!

Last edited by gabis; 12-11-2007 at 02:09 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

The Maynard Speak:

"San Fransisco was louder, and we don't play there til tomorrow. You must be tired from all your casting calls, and such."

"So I hear theres a writers strike, thats a bummer. I wrote something, though, if anyone is interested. Its about this mother and daughter, and they switch brains or something. So then the mom like, has to go to school and... yeah. Anyway..."

My 10th show, and definitely the best show visually yet. The lasers, the whole alien abduction feel interlude... made me long for a couple doses. Overall, the sound was excellent. There were a couple of minor hiccups which seemed to come from an over abundance of bass, but nothing too noticeable. Adam also seemed to have a little trouble here and there. A couple things seemed to be technical in nature, but he missed a couple of pauses and hopped in late a couple times. But thats just me nit-picking.

It was, as always, an amazing musical adventure. I had the luck of bringing a long time friend, and tool virgin, who had an amazing time with his new lady friend. The look in his eyes after the show really brought me back to the amazement I felt my first show. Fucking awesome.

As the others have mentioned, the venue is AWESOME. Very, very impressed. We were in the Loge, second row on Adams side. Had an excellent view of the light show, and was still plenty able to see the band rock out.

Can't wait for Vegas on Friday!!!

Last edited by gabis; 12-11-2007 at 02:09 AM..
OFFLINE |