View Single Post
Tomica's Avatar Tomica
09-06-2007, 07:29 AM

This was my 3rd Tool show and it was simply amazing,second best show among the others I attended but probably the worst thing where organizers,they started letting people inside with just one hour left before the start of the show so most people (including me) listened to Jambi and Stinkfist outside,lots of people got mad at that point and It looked like they were going to start a riot,I was mad also but then again I knew what I was missing,when finally organizers realized that a situation was getting out of hand they just started letting people in.
As for the show itself, I wasn`t disappointed by the setlist,it was kinda obvious but I was hoping that they were gonna insert Wings/10,000 Days.
I got inside as Forty Six & 2 started and they nailed it perfectly,it was just too overwhelming so it was a good start for me,I quickly forgot about the incident outside.
Schism was usually good with again the amazing extended part witch tends to get better and better everytime you listen to it live
Then came Lost Keys and Rosseta Stoned,Lost Keys was kinda weird,not like other versions I heard live but very similar, Danny made a little mistake and started early with Rosseta and than stopped realized that he rushed it and they looked at each other for the moment and Adam came to Danny and gave him a cool riff to start with again,it turned out great after all,Maynards scream in Rosseta was perfect.
Flood came with long ambient intro this song was the highlight for me,just brutal,MJK nailed it perfectly.
Then a little break came,with some weird sounds in background and they came back after a short while with Lateralus
Lateralus was perfect as my friend said during that song “it is pure musical sunrealism” and Danny`s drum solo was something special,it was the klimax of the whole gig.They brought that song to some new level,just perfect.
Then MJK thanked us for our support and kindness and said “see you very soon”,he was in a good mood the whole night,he danced a lot and his voice was perfect so I think the throat infection is gone.
Very much likely we will see perhaps another Europian tour next year,who knows and Vicarious started then
Again he didn`t sing last part of the song as he pointed a mike towards crowd to sing then he just finished it “much better you than I” part.
Anyway as I said,great show but its Tool so it was to be expected,they are a great band after all,only wished that they played one more song,another 10 minutes would be awesome.
Sep 5th `07
--------------------
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/09/05 - Belgrade, Serbia - Pionir Hall

This was my 3rd Tool show and it was simply amazing,second best show among the others I attended but probably the worst thing where organizers,they started letting people inside with just one hour left before the start of the show so most people (including me) listened to Jambi and Stinkfist outside,lots of people got mad at that point and It looked like they were going to start a riot,I was mad also but then again I knew what I was missing,when finally organizers realized that a situation was getting out of hand they just started letting people in.
As for the show itself, I wasn`t disappointed by the setlist,it was kinda obvious but I was hoping that they were gonna insert Wings/10,000 Days.
I got inside as Forty Six & 2 started and they nailed it perfectly,it was just too overwhelming so it was a good start for me,I quickly forgot about the incident outside.
Schism was usually good with again the amazing extended part witch tends to get better and better everytime you listen to it live
Then came Lost Keys and Rosseta Stoned,Lost Keys was kinda weird,not like other versions I heard live but very similar, Danny made a little mistake and started early with Rosseta and than stopped realized that he rushed it and they looked at each other for the moment and Adam came to Danny and gave him a cool riff to start with again,it turned out great after all,Maynards scream in Rosseta was perfect.
Flood came with long ambient intro this song was the highlight for me,just brutal,MJK nailed it perfectly.
Then a little break came,with some weird sounds in background and they came back after a short while with Lateralus
Lateralus was perfect as my friend said during that song “it is pure musical sunrealism” and Danny`s drum solo was something special,it was the klimax of the whole gig.They brought that song to some new level,just perfect.
Then MJK thanked us for our support and kindness and said “see you very soon”,he was in a good mood the whole night,he danced a lot and his voice was perfect so I think the throat infection is gone.
Very much likely we will see perhaps another Europian tour next year,who knows and Vicarious started then
Again he didn`t sing last part of the song as he pointed a mike towards crowd to sing then he just finished it “much better you than I” part.
Anyway as I said,great show but its Tool so it was to be expected,they are a great band after all,only wished that they played one more song,another 10 minutes would be awesome.
Sep 5th `07
--------------------
OFFLINE |