View Single Post
tobygoo
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM

The show was awesome. I though the vocals were a little low most of the time. Actually, the guitars were a little hot, because alot of the intricate drumming was drowned out as well. This was more noticable in the quiet parts of songs to me, once everyone started rocking, the sound was dead on. I think they played the little snippet of Prison sex at 2 different times, and agree that Ions was in there a little as well, as posted above. The CD at the end was completely stupid, I kind of thought Maynard might end it there, but I don't think they were going to play Aenima anyway as Vicarious started well after 11pm. (I think there's got to be some law or Union thing b/c I have rarely seem ANY concert go past 11pm in STL.) Agree with other posts that a CD on stage is not cool, but come on, its a rock show, deal with it. They got a sold out arena of people paying $45-65 a ticket, they shouldn't let 1 or 2 idiots ruin it for everyone. Lasers during wings were fantastic, like shardes of glass rotating in the air with clouds projected onto them. Wicked awesome. My friend has seen lots of shows, including Rush with their own lasers and fire breathing dragon, and he said this Tool show blew anything he'd seen away. I'd buy a DVD of this tour anyday of the week if they ever put one out. I thought the crowd was loud, the band was loud, just a fantastic show. I could barely hear myself talk. Can't say I'd drive to another city to maybe see 1 or 2 different songs, but I'd see them again here if they came back later this year or next.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/22 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Arena

The show was awesome. I though the vocals were a little low most of the time. Actually, the guitars were a little hot, because alot of the intricate drumming was drowned out as well. This was more noticable in the quiet parts of songs to me, once everyone started rocking, the sound was dead on. I think they played the little snippet of Prison sex at 2 different times, and agree that Ions was in there a little as well, as posted above. The CD at the end was completely stupid, I kind of thought Maynard might end it there, but I don't think they were going to play Aenima anyway as Vicarious started well after 11pm. (I think there's got to be some law or Union thing b/c I have rarely seem ANY concert go past 11pm in STL.) Agree with other posts that a CD on stage is not cool, but come on, its a rock show, deal with it. They got a sold out arena of people paying $45-65 a ticket, they shouldn't let 1 or 2 idiots ruin it for everyone. Lasers during wings were fantastic, like shardes of glass rotating in the air with clouds projected onto them. Wicked awesome. My friend has seen lots of shows, including Rush with their own lasers and fire breathing dragon, and he said this Tool show blew anything he'd seen away. I'd buy a DVD of this tour anyday of the week if they ever put one out. I thought the crowd was loud, the band was loud, just a fantastic show. I could barely hear myself talk. Can't say I'd drive to another city to maybe see 1 or 2 different songs, but I'd see them again here if they came back later this year or next.
OFFLINE |