View Single Post
senator1043
06-22-2007, 11:39 PM

Overall, it was a decent show. Adam looked as excited to be on stage as the usher checking tickets for people accessing the floor. Thie setlist was great, and it was nice to get The Pot and Flood, but I kept having flashbacks to the '01 show when we got Eulogy and a few others they hadn't played at other venues. Maybe my expectations were too high, but this was a sold out show at the first real city they have played this month. There were easily 16K people there even without selling the entire area behind the stage. They stopped serving beer during Rosetta Stoned, and I'm not saying I need alcohol to have a good time, but the excuse I got was that the band thought the crowd was too unruly and requested alcohol sales be stopped. This crowd was appreciative, but anything but unruly. During Wings 1 and 2 the laser show was great, but it would have been nice to sip on a beer and enjoy the atmosphere. Also, Maynard needs to chill out when someone throws a cd on stage. This is a rock concert, not a broadway musical...just ignore it! Besides, he was so far away from the front of the stage, it wasn't like the cd came zooming in at his head or anything. It was a great show all in all, and the sound of the band was amazing. Extremely talented musicians.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/22 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Arena

Overall, it was a decent show. Adam looked as excited to be on stage as the usher checking tickets for people accessing the floor. Thie setlist was great, and it was nice to get The Pot and Flood, but I kept having flashbacks to the '01 show when we got Eulogy and a few others they hadn't played at other venues. Maybe my expectations were too high, but this was a sold out show at the first real city they have played this month. There were easily 16K people there even without selling the entire area behind the stage. They stopped serving beer during Rosetta Stoned, and I'm not saying I need alcohol to have a good time, but the excuse I got was that the band thought the crowd was too unruly and requested alcohol sales be stopped. This crowd was appreciative, but anything but unruly. During Wings 1 and 2 the laser show was great, but it would have been nice to sip on a beer and enjoy the atmosphere. Also, Maynard needs to chill out when someone throws a cd on stage. This is a rock concert, not a broadway musical...just ignore it! Besides, he was so far away from the front of the stage, it wasn't like the cd came zooming in at his head or anything. It was a great show all in all, and the sound of the band was amazing. Extremely talented musicians.
OFFLINE |