View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #118
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
Well now i know what you're complaining about. Yeah if i saw them do Bottom, that would've been great lol

Yeah i do agree they shouldve played another song for their last US stop. I was disappointed but maybe its cause we didnt stick around long enough or chant a song name haha.

It takes maynard a lot of guts to do wings for marie, i respect his bravery for doing it. i dont see him ever doing H. or jimmy ever because theyre very emotional. he probably did wings for marie for himself and something he can do for his mother.
i sound like a non fan right now i guess but i didnt know Jimmy and H. were different than any other Tool songs. what is the special meaning behind them? i am not so much into lyrics as i am into the song structure (i'm a drummer, all i listen to is the rythem most of the time). anyway half of the time i cant make out what maynard is singing.
Again this was my first tool show and i would have enjoyed some older songs, and i was hoping that the crowd would stick around longer and try to pry one more song out of the band, but the house lights came on and my buddy wanted to get out of there, so....

and oh yeah, i can see certian similarities and influences with led zeppelin, but i wouldn't really say they are mainly influenced by Zep.
Carey is way more technically advanced than Bonham was (i absolutely LOVE bonham, dont get me wrong) and the whole bands' time signatures and song lengths dont really reflect anything by Zep, except maybe no Quarter which i guess is why Tool liked it and covered it (great cover BTW)
I hope to dear god that maynard never gets as flaky as Robert Plant!!! what the hell was that guys deal?
arent tool more influenced by King crimson and pink floyd? In an interview with Carey (Modern Drummer) he even says that coming to a tool show is the next best thing to seeing pink floyd.
thats what i love about these guys... everybody you talk to is under the impression that Tool is some kind of death-metal crap act, but really they are just a further advanced version of a heavy pyshcidelic 70's rock band mixed with a complex prog-rockish jazz quartet. they have more musical skill between the 4 of them than the whole metal genre has combined.
anyway we should be talking about the show, right? I know that once tickets go on sale for the spring tour i'm In.
OFFLINE |