Thread: Hypocritical?
View Single Post
Filth Monger's Avatar Filth Monger
05-24-2006, 12:53 PM

Not that my opinion means anything, particularly with a strongly personal piece of poetry, but the argument for hypocrisy is moot. There is a thing called "poetic license" and not everything can be explained away by literal interpretation of lyrical content.

For me the song is touching, it won't be to others. The beauty of personal interpretation of art. I find it touching because he can overlook his own beliefs for the eternal happiness of one that he loves. The sound of the flapping wings in the closing of the song hits me more strongly than the singing does, because to me it is the indicator that she has finally earned her peace through her tremendous adversities.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #113
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Hypocritical?

Not that my opinion means anything, particularly with a strongly personal piece of poetry, but the argument for hypocrisy is moot. There is a thing called "poetic license" and not everything can be explained away by literal interpretation of lyrical content.

For me the song is touching, it won't be to others. The beauty of personal interpretation of art. I find it touching because he can overlook his own beliefs for the eternal happiness of one that he loves. The sound of the flapping wings in the closing of the song hits me more strongly than the singing does, because to me it is the indicator that she has finally earned her peace through her tremendous adversities.
OFFLINE |