Thread: Hypocritical?
View Single Post
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
05-23-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by submachine
The point is he believes exactly that, but he is willing to compromise his beliefs for a tribute song? The song is written from a first person perspective.
First: Does he believe that? I don't know. What makes you think you know?

Second: It's his mother for goodness sake! She is dead! If that is what he thinks, he certainly is not going to express it over and above the important, good things she did in life. He has respect for her! You are accusing him of being hypocritical, but if he had sung the song you want now, you would be saying he is a nasty, unworthy son. Well, then again, maybe you would be celebrating it, I don't know, but I don't think he wishes to be seen in that light.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #104
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157
Re: Hypocritical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by submachine
The point is he believes exactly that, but he is willing to compromise his beliefs for a tribute song? The song is written from a first person perspective.
First: Does he believe that? I don't know. What makes you think you know?

Second: It's his mother for goodness sake! She is dead! If that is what he thinks, he certainly is not going to express it over and above the important, good things she did in life. He has respect for her! You are accusing him of being hypocritical, but if he had sung the song you want now, you would be saying he is a nasty, unworthy son. Well, then again, maybe you would be celebrating it, I don't know, but I don't think he wishes to be seen in that light.
OFFLINE |