Thread: Hypocritical?
View Single Post
Ænemic
05-22-2006, 05:20 AM

Even if he's come to believe the same thing as his mother, does that make him hypocritical?? People change... things in life make you see things differently. It's called growing up.... it's not like Maynard's never contradicted himself before:

"I will not tolerate you, I will go down beside you, no one is innocent" - Intolerance

"Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity, calculate what you will and will not tolerate, desperate to control all and everything, unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen" - the Grudge

Bottom line - Maynard's human, and he's a poet... he writes things as he sees them at the time he sees them. I think it would be more hypocritical of him to act like he doesn't believe something that he now somehow sees a point in. I know a lot of you don't wanna hear it, and I hate to say it but if you listen to this album you'll see a LOT of references... not just in this one song. It's littered all over the record. He's seeing things differently... let him. He's f'n MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN.

Amen.

please direct all hatemail to [email protected] :)
Old 05-22-2006, 05:20 AM   #93
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Hypocritical?

Even if he's come to believe the same thing as his mother, does that make him hypocritical?? People change... things in life make you see things differently. It's called growing up.... it's not like Maynard's never contradicted himself before:

"I will not tolerate you, I will go down beside you, no one is innocent" - Intolerance

"Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity, calculate what you will and will not tolerate, desperate to control all and everything, unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen" - the Grudge

Bottom line - Maynard's human, and he's a poet... he writes things as he sees them at the time he sees them. I think it would be more hypocritical of him to act like he doesn't believe something that he now somehow sees a point in. I know a lot of you don't wanna hear it, and I hate to say it but if you listen to this album you'll see a LOT of references... not just in this one song. It's littered all over the record. He's seeing things differently... let him. He's f'n MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN.

Amen.

please direct all hatemail to [email protected] :)
OFFLINE |