Thread: Hypocritical?
View Single Post
desoleary
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirm
Think he is kind of wishing it to be true for his mum..

I dont think its really about weither he belives it him self or not but just him saying his mum desreves it. Its what she belived & she never lived a lie cause she was true to her beliefs through eveything she went through, I take it as being him giving respect to her for that which maybe he never did while she was alive.

Just my thoughts like tho & yeah such a beautifull song..
I agree with most of what you say but the idea that he didn't respect her until she died frankly sounds like bullshit. I feel that a lot of people think of TOOL being against relegion but they're really against hypocrits going to mass and praying... and then in life, leading it in complete contradiction. The fact remains that he has always praised people who stood up for what they believed in and I feel this where he rejoices he's mother as an Angel
Old 05-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #82
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Hypocritical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirm
Think he is kind of wishing it to be true for his mum..

I dont think its really about weither he belives it him self or not but just him saying his mum desreves it. Its what she belived & she never lived a lie cause she was true to her beliefs through eveything she went through, I take it as being him giving respect to her for that which maybe he never did while she was alive.

Just my thoughts like tho & yeah such a beautifull song..
I agree with most of what you say but the idea that he didn't respect her until she died frankly sounds like bullshit. I feel that a lot of people think of TOOL being against relegion but they're really against hypocrits going to mass and praying... and then in life, leading it in complete contradiction. The fact remains that he has always praised people who stood up for what they believed in and I feel this where he rejoices he's mother as an Angel
OFFLINE |