View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/04 - Oakland, CA - Paramount Theatre

I believe Les Claypool sat only 3 seats away from me in Row H. There was only 2 of us that actually recognized him, while everyone else sitting near us didn't even know who Les was. But anyways....

I was actually able to watch the show for free. The TA tickets that were reserved to buy only required me to initial the ticket packaging, no payment whatsoever. The other TA guy who won the chance to buy tickets was there as well, pretty cool.

First Maynardism of the night: "So yeah, TOOL and shit..."

The staff was very strict about people not taking pictures with their phones during the show. If any staff member saw someone fondling their cellphone, they were on them instantly.

Danny's drums tore up my innards. Being that close and feeling the bass reverbrate throughout my body, heavenly at first but now my body aches all over. And that gong hit in Lateralus....holy shit!

You can tell they are still rather rusty, especially Adam. Lots of missed/sour notes. Even MJK would slightly shake his head whenever Adam botched certain parts. But that's what this mini-tour is for anyways....

Overall, an awesome show at an awesome venue. Lots of love in the crowd as well, at least in our area of the theatre. I enjoyed this more than the TOOL/King Crimson concert in Berkeley. Hopefully they do more "intimate setting" concerts, the music sounds so much better, there's hardly ever a bad seat, and there's no worry of bullheaded moshers.

And oh yeah, The Pot is a killer when played live.

Last edited by Speaker4TheDead; 05-04-2006 at 10:58 PM..
OFFLINE |