View Single Post
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
06-01-2018, 11:40 AM

There's definitely truth to both of your comments.

Perhaps if proper time could be allotted so that it could be made clear, "Save your stories for the Meet and Mingle, and even then try to keep them brief" - That way they could have had good reason to keep fans focused when asking a question.

I think any complaints could have easily been muted with one action; given that everyone's phones were sufficiently locked up, they could have played the entirety of Descending and used that as a way of generating some serious hype for the new album. Given the demographic of attendees, they surely would have raved about it across multiple social media outlets and generated a good amount of free press from established metal/rock media outlets.

But I get it. They're extremely cautious about leaks and want to control presentation.

It really was great to hear/see them play in such a personal setting with no flashy light show (no offense, Junior). It really let the music stand on it's own. I'm still in awe of how good they are at their craft.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #5911
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: General Tool Discussion

There's definitely truth to both of your comments.

Perhaps if proper time could be allotted so that it could be made clear, "Save your stories for the Meet and Mingle, and even then try to keep them brief" - That way they could have had good reason to keep fans focused when asking a question.

I think any complaints could have easily been muted with one action; given that everyone's phones were sufficiently locked up, they could have played the entirety of Descending and used that as a way of generating some serious hype for the new album. Given the demographic of attendees, they surely would have raved about it across multiple social media outlets and generated a good amount of free press from established metal/rock media outlets.

But I get it. They're extremely cautious about leaks and want to control presentation.

It really was great to hear/see them play in such a personal setting with no flashy light show (no offense, Junior). It really let the music stand on it's own. I'm still in awe of how good they are at their craft.