View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #2453
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
That's funny that you said that, 'cause I just had this argument about which band is better with a friend of mine last night. He loves Radiohead and thinks Thom Yorke's voice is 10X better than Maynard. I disagree...love both bands, but TOOL is much better.
Yorke does not have the vocal range that Maynard has. And on a good night I think Maynard may have one of the best live voices I have ever heard.

Also, Maynard has not lost anything vocally like some people have surmised. The scream he let out during Stinkfist the second night in San Diego (second leg) was mind blowing and hardly the sound of someone who has 'lost it'.

I'm not sure if 'lazy' is the best way to describe the lack of different songs, but it's not far off. I think it has more to do with lack of motivation and that they mainly just want to play the new stuff. Either way the impact on the fans is the same- we want some new songs! Like Jimmy- did I mention that one?? :P

Anyway, I stand by what I said in the setlist thread. I have been enjoying the sets as they are for the most part and whatever angst I have about the setlist seems to melt away once I am watching them.

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 08-14-2007 at 10:13 AM..
OFFLINE |