View Single Post
joey420
06-24-2010, 07:35 AM

This was my first tool concert even though I've been a fan of them for over a decade! Fuckin unbelievable. I was 4 rows back center section! Couldn't have been more than 15' from Adam! Setlist was amazing. Intolerance had never been on of my favorite songs, but I loved it too. Forty six and two was the song I came to see, and it was everything I had hoped for. Aenima was a great closer. Third Eye was an amazing opener! I wish Maynard's vocals had been turned up a bit, but I agree that it didn't matter if you knew the words. The rest of the setlist was spot on with the exception of that bass malfunction! These guys really play well together!

I will definately go see them again. I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay for the good seats from now on, because there is no way I'm sitting in nosebleed after being that close. I almost caught the last thing Justin threw off stage! Have no idea what it was, though!

Tool is a band that has withstood the test of time, and it's apparent that it is because they are more about the music and the experience than the fame and glamour of being a rock star! We did catch a picture of Maynard taking a picture. That was badass! Can't wait for the next one. Can't wait for another album!

I will say, that I wanted to rock a lot harder than the seating situation allowed me to. I will go to a general admission next time just so I don't have any limitations of where I can move. I damn near took out a row of seats during forty six and two!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.23.2010 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Ford Arena

This was my first tool concert even though I've been a fan of them for over a decade! Fuckin unbelievable. I was 4 rows back center section! Couldn't have been more than 15' from Adam! Setlist was amazing. Intolerance had never been on of my favorite songs, but I loved it too. Forty six and two was the song I came to see, and it was everything I had hoped for. Aenima was a great closer. Third Eye was an amazing opener! I wish Maynard's vocals had been turned up a bit, but I agree that it didn't matter if you knew the words. The rest of the setlist was spot on with the exception of that bass malfunction! These guys really play well together!

I will definately go see them again. I guess I'll have to suck it up and pay for the good seats from now on, because there is no way I'm sitting in nosebleed after being that close. I almost caught the last thing Justin threw off stage! Have no idea what it was, though!

Tool is a band that has withstood the test of time, and it's apparent that it is because they are more about the music and the experience than the fame and glamour of being a rock star! We did catch a picture of Maynard taking a picture. That was badass! Can't wait for the next one. Can't wait for another album!

I will say, that I wanted to rock a lot harder than the seating situation allowed me to. I will go to a general admission next time just so I don't have any limitations of where I can move. I damn near took out a row of seats during forty six and two!
OFFLINE |