View Single Post
junior
02-02-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangatang View Post
After reading the setlist.fm site for Primus and Tool shows, it looks like Danny and Justin came out and jammed w/Primus on the last night of the tour. That's cool but does Junior (or anybody else) know why this didn't happen more often on the tour? I kind of expected them to cross jam a lot more and wonder why they didn't. Any speculation Toolies?
I was kinda hoping they would do more of that, too.
There wasn't a lot of spare time in the afternoons for them to work on stuff together. That could have been part of it.
Some days there wasn't enough time for Primus to do a sound check, even.
That wasn't a surprise. I believe that was a known scenario going in to the tour.
The clock was a bigger factor this time around. There were some long drives that caused later load-ins. Having 3 bands is somewhat unusual on a Tool tour, also. That required earlier doors, which also shortened the afternoons a little. Primus had their own video screens, which added a little time to setup. They had inflatable mushrooms at the first show, or 2, and they stopped setting those up because of time issues.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #3936
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangatang View Post
After reading the setlist.fm site for Primus and Tool shows, it looks like Danny and Justin came out and jammed w/Primus on the last night of the tour. That's cool but does Junior (or anybody else) know why this didn't happen more often on the tour? I kind of expected them to cross jam a lot more and wonder why they didn't. Any speculation Toolies?
I was kinda hoping they would do more of that, too.
There wasn't a lot of spare time in the afternoons for them to work on stuff together. That could have been part of it.
Some days there wasn't enough time for Primus to do a sound check, even.
That wasn't a surprise. I believe that was a known scenario going in to the tour.
The clock was a bigger factor this time around. There were some long drives that caused later load-ins. Having 3 bands is somewhat unusual on a Tool tour, also. That required earlier doors, which also shortened the afternoons a little. Primus had their own video screens, which added a little time to setup. They had inflatable mushrooms at the first show, or 2, and they stopped setting those up because of time issues.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote