View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #62
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: H. stands for.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
His son's name is Devo H. because he took his father's first name (Herbert) as his middle name. That's quite common actually. His son's name is Devo Herbert Keenan, can't believe you all can't figure that one out. H is quite likely a combination of H. standing for his son's middle name as well as the play on half full/half empty. It could possibly even represent the effect Heroin has one a person or in other words metaphorically describing how he is so drawn and addicted to his love for his son that he knew he had to make a change as an individual to be the father he knew he wanted to be for his son. The song to me is a psychological description of Maynard going the the changes one goes through when they have a child. I've gone into more depth elsewhere in here.

'Nuff said
wait a second, you seem pretty knowledgeable , so don't get offended, it could simply be that you worded something a little tricky. you said devo took his father's first name...herbert, but that's not maynards first name his first name is james not herbert. his original whole name being james herbert keenan, maybe you meant first as in original, not litterally. ok, that being said, devo's middle name is just h. nothing more, just h., but once again don't get offended, i swear you can't say anything or express opinions around here without people getting all pissed.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote