View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Bootleggers please read

I read some interview they were saying they didn't want to put out a video recording of their performances because then people wouldn't be taken by surprise at the show. With swooping camera angles, zoom, and all the cinematography they do, one might have certain expectations that actually GOING to a live show can't satisfy… and on the converse, they didn't want people to buy a DVD and miss out on the ACTUAL CONNECTION TO THE MUSIC. You have to be AT the show and FEEL it. They also went on to explain that with their experience with record labels and producers, they didn't trust the executives to let it be about the music. They figured they'd be snatching close ups and throwing their face on the screen hyping the band members causing people to miss the message. All in all, i respect what i have heard from the band. They got roped into a contract that included a "DVD with live material", and thats what we got: A DVD with some live material; Salival.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote