View Single Post
plymoynihan
06-27-2007, 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=Gregmas;2008151]I went to Bonnaroo with the sole intention of seeing Tool. This was a big deal for me since I have a seething hatred for all things hippy. As a 30 year old tool fan, I can say that i have to agree with previous posters on the set list issue.

Amen- i have a similar tool concertography. It doesn't matter what the setlist is- I just love to see those guys play. Bonnaroo was my 4th on this tour, one more in July.
My friends and I drove 14 hrs from NYC, inhaled massive amounts of dust, have been sick for a week now- all to see our favorite band play (amazing sound, set, etc...I might add) and we'd do it all over again.
It's just a treat to be able to see Tool as many times as possible- all shows are different in their own way. Bonnaroo was memorable for different reasons than the others over the last 14 years I've had the chance to witness live Tool shows.
Get over the set list issues- these shows are all distinctively different, no matter what songs are played.
I'm still amazed at the sound system there. Flood was a real surprise. I also like Aire's review above
Old 06-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #60
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

[QUOTE=Gregmas;2008151]I went to Bonnaroo with the sole intention of seeing Tool. This was a big deal for me since I have a seething hatred for all things hippy. As a 30 year old tool fan, I can say that i have to agree with previous posters on the set list issue.

Amen- i have a similar tool concertography. It doesn't matter what the setlist is- I just love to see those guys play. Bonnaroo was my 4th on this tour, one more in July.
My friends and I drove 14 hrs from NYC, inhaled massive amounts of dust, have been sick for a week now- all to see our favorite band play (amazing sound, set, etc...I might add) and we'd do it all over again.
It's just a treat to be able to see Tool as many times as possible- all shows are different in their own way. Bonnaroo was memorable for different reasons than the others over the last 14 years I've had the chance to witness live Tool shows.
Get over the set list issues- these shows are all distinctively different, no matter what songs are played.
I'm still amazed at the sound system there. Flood was a real surprise. I also like Aire's review above
OFFLINE |