View Single Post
gabe_angelfire's Avatar gabe_angelfire
06-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Another awesome Tool show!

I was about three rows back from the barricade on the far right facing the stage. I would have enjoyed myself more had the dude who was high/drunk/tripping off his ass not puked on the guy in front of me. This was after slamming into me for a good fifteen minutes in an attempt to get the mosh pit going. I had told the guy in front of me several times to help surf the guy out of the crowd because I could tell he was going to be sick, but he didn't listen to me and alas was thrown up upon. The crowd was so tight I had nowhere to go but backwards and given the circumstances... well, I had to get out of there and get some fresh air before I too lost my lunch.

So, I spent the rest of the show with my friends wayyyyy back in the back. The sound was great. I have no complaints about the song selection either.... and the light show was spectacular. I just couldn't see the stage, what a bummer!!!

I was kinda sad that they ended the show so early, but what do I know, maybe they were tired or someone had to go pee... I'm not going to pretend I know what goes on in the minds of people I don't know. But I wasn't disappointed and I feel like I got my money's worth.

I swear I distinctly heard Maynard say something about enjoying the rest of the weekend on the ant farm. Am I the only one who heard this??? Yeah he was a bit of an ass, but honestly, I think he gets up there and doesn't know what to say to us... He tried though! Besides, I would never expect MJK to stand on the stage and kiss my ass (or anyone else's for that matter.) If you wanted roses and ponies and happy little what-nots... The Flaming Lips was where it was at... But that's THEIR THING! As many of you have pointed out, to compare the Lips to TOOL is quite absurd. Personally, the two bands have put on the two best shows I've ever attended, but I wouldn't dare lump them into some category and attempt to compare them side by side. Apples and Oranges, a show is not just a show. A Tool show is intense, meaningful and thought provoking. The Lips are fun, trippy, and happy.

Sidenote: Did anyone catch Gogol Bordello? That show was awesome as well!

This was my first Bonnaroo and I enjoyed it for what it was, but honestly I prefer a more intimate venue. That's why I'm off to see Tool in Huntington in a few weeks!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #58
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Another awesome Tool show!

I was about three rows back from the barricade on the far right facing the stage. I would have enjoyed myself more had the dude who was high/drunk/tripping off his ass not puked on the guy in front of me. This was after slamming into me for a good fifteen minutes in an attempt to get the mosh pit going. I had told the guy in front of me several times to help surf the guy out of the crowd because I could tell he was going to be sick, but he didn't listen to me and alas was thrown up upon. The crowd was so tight I had nowhere to go but backwards and given the circumstances... well, I had to get out of there and get some fresh air before I too lost my lunch.

So, I spent the rest of the show with my friends wayyyyy back in the back. The sound was great. I have no complaints about the song selection either.... and the light show was spectacular. I just couldn't see the stage, what a bummer!!!

I was kinda sad that they ended the show so early, but what do I know, maybe they were tired or someone had to go pee... I'm not going to pretend I know what goes on in the minds of people I don't know. But I wasn't disappointed and I feel like I got my money's worth.

I swear I distinctly heard Maynard say something about enjoying the rest of the weekend on the ant farm. Am I the only one who heard this??? Yeah he was a bit of an ass, but honestly, I think he gets up there and doesn't know what to say to us... He tried though! Besides, I would never expect MJK to stand on the stage and kiss my ass (or anyone else's for that matter.) If you wanted roses and ponies and happy little what-nots... The Flaming Lips was where it was at... But that's THEIR THING! As many of you have pointed out, to compare the Lips to TOOL is quite absurd. Personally, the two bands have put on the two best shows I've ever attended, but I wouldn't dare lump them into some category and attempt to compare them side by side. Apples and Oranges, a show is not just a show. A Tool show is intense, meaningful and thought provoking. The Lips are fun, trippy, and happy.

Sidenote: Did anyone catch Gogol Bordello? That show was awesome as well!

This was my first Bonnaroo and I enjoyed it for what it was, but honestly I prefer a more intimate venue. That's why I'm off to see Tool in Huntington in a few weeks!
OFFLINE |