View Single Post
Toology55
07-28-2009, 02:47 PM

I have to agree that this wasn't Maynard's best, but hey, he is 45 now. Not sure why he stands back next to Danny Carey while rocking back and forth the whole time, given he is a Frontman. Danny Carey is an amazing drummer at 48, Adam and Justin were good too.

I wish they had played Eulogy, Prison Sex or Undertow. I saw them in 1997 in Nashville at Lollapalooza (along with Snoop Dogg, Korn and The Prodigy), they were better (and younger), Maynard's voice was great back then, I guess combination of age + overuse did it.

Good show overall, I bought the tickets (sec 107 next to stage) on Craigslist 15 min before the show start since I wasn't sure I could make it and raced up and was still early, I wish I had stopped at Walgreens to pickup some hearos to reduce the decibels a bit, couldn't hear crap afterwards and I like enjoy my hearing.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

I have to agree that this wasn't Maynard's best, but hey, he is 45 now. Not sure why he stands back next to Danny Carey while rocking back and forth the whole time, given he is a Frontman. Danny Carey is an amazing drummer at 48, Adam and Justin were good too.

I wish they had played Eulogy, Prison Sex or Undertow. I saw them in 1997 in Nashville at Lollapalooza (along with Snoop Dogg, Korn and The Prodigy), they were better (and younger), Maynard's voice was great back then, I guess combination of age + overuse did it.

Good show overall, I bought the tickets (sec 107 next to stage) on Craigslist 15 min before the show start since I wasn't sure I could make it and raced up and was still early, I wish I had stopped at Walgreens to pickup some hearos to reduce the decibels a bit, couldn't hear crap afterwards and I like enjoy my hearing.
OFFLINE |