View Single Post
nowistoolate
07-14-2007, 08:18 PM

This was my second tool show. I saw them in Manchester, NH in October, too. Pretty much everyone has already stated the highlights and screw ups, so I won't recap them. Compared to the Manchester show, it was a little cozier with a slightly different set list, but maybe not as epic. Perhaps this was because I had experienced some of the visuals before. It still was a concert experience I won't soon forget. I keep hearing the sporadic negative reviews of this tour and can only take them with a grain of salt. I wasn't really old enough to experience tool live in the lateralus days or before, but I can't imagine their commitment to their music has changed much after hearing 10.000 days. I came to the show, along with the majority of the fans, wanting that unique tool experience, and I left feeling a complete person. Tool is the only band I 've seen live were there is almost a tangible sense spiritualism in the music, and this, to me, is what sets tool apart from many bands. Maybe Maynard's mic wasn't well balanced with the instrumentals, and maybe Adam missed a couple notes, but it all seems comical to me knowing how truly talented these guys are. I go to concerts to experience music I love, and I felt connected to the music that was played at this show. I'm just glad they actually came up to Maine.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

This was my second tool show. I saw them in Manchester, NH in October, too. Pretty much everyone has already stated the highlights and screw ups, so I won't recap them. Compared to the Manchester show, it was a little cozier with a slightly different set list, but maybe not as epic. Perhaps this was because I had experienced some of the visuals before. It still was a concert experience I won't soon forget. I keep hearing the sporadic negative reviews of this tour and can only take them with a grain of salt. I wasn't really old enough to experience tool live in the lateralus days or before, but I can't imagine their commitment to their music has changed much after hearing 10.000 days. I came to the show, along with the majority of the fans, wanting that unique tool experience, and I left feeling a complete person. Tool is the only band I 've seen live were there is almost a tangible sense spiritualism in the music, and this, to me, is what sets tool apart from many bands. Maybe Maynard's mic wasn't well balanced with the instrumentals, and maybe Adam missed a couple notes, but it all seems comical to me knowing how truly talented these guys are. I go to concerts to experience music I love, and I felt connected to the music that was played at this show. I'm just glad they actually came up to Maine.
OFFLINE |