View Single Post
D-Day_Daddy's Avatar D-Day_Daddy
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM

So let's get something straight up front. Tool is in my opinion one of the most thought provoking bands out there. Thier music is paint on a the canvas of soundwaves, that's just my opinion.
Now let's get to the reveiw. I got there about two hours before the doors opened. I heard Tool playing Stinkfist and Jambi. Those were the two best sounding songs of the night.
Big Business got on and played one song for around half an hour. The drummer of Big Business was a blast to watch, but the other two were as remarkable as an '91 Plymoth Sundance. Really It was just noise that screwed up my hearing for the rest of the night.
I didn't take my ginko so i can't remember the setlist like everyone else, but I know Tool started with Stinkfist. The sound quality was terrible. through the whole show. The only reason I knew what Maynard was singing was because I knew the lyrics!
The light show was cool, but the show I saw in Augusta in 2001 was better by far. Justin seemed to be the only one who really gave a damn there was a crowd before them. The one cool thing was durring "Wings" everyone in the band had a spotlight on them but Maynard, giving me the impression that he felt alone in his loss for his mother, also he didn't do any do any of his Maynardisms durring the fast parts; even though the cavemen in the crowd thought it a good idea to mosh. The sound from Maynards mic was so bad the Maynards farwell before Vicarious was almost completely ununderstandible. All in all there were a few high points, (WFM, the drum set for Lateralus.) but for the most part the band looked lathargic, and the sound pretty much melded into noise. But I had a great time and will do it again when they come back around.

Last edited by D-Day_Daddy; 07-14-2007 at 02:42 PM..
Old 07-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

So let's get something straight up front. Tool is in my opinion one of the most thought provoking bands out there. Thier music is paint on a the canvas of soundwaves, that's just my opinion.
Now let's get to the reveiw. I got there about two hours before the doors opened. I heard Tool playing Stinkfist and Jambi. Those were the two best sounding songs of the night.
Big Business got on and played one song for around half an hour. The drummer of Big Business was a blast to watch, but the other two were as remarkable as an '91 Plymoth Sundance. Really It was just noise that screwed up my hearing for the rest of the night.
I didn't take my ginko so i can't remember the setlist like everyone else, but I know Tool started with Stinkfist. The sound quality was terrible. through the whole show. The only reason I knew what Maynard was singing was because I knew the lyrics!
The light show was cool, but the show I saw in Augusta in 2001 was better by far. Justin seemed to be the only one who really gave a damn there was a crowd before them. The one cool thing was durring "Wings" everyone in the band had a spotlight on them but Maynard, giving me the impression that he felt alone in his loss for his mother, also he didn't do any do any of his Maynardisms durring the fast parts; even though the cavemen in the crowd thought it a good idea to mosh. The sound from Maynards mic was so bad the Maynards farwell before Vicarious was almost completely ununderstandible. All in all there were a few high points, (WFM, the drum set for Lateralus.) but for the most part the band looked lathargic, and the sound pretty much melded into noise. But I had a great time and will do it again when they come back around.

Last edited by D-Day_Daddy; 07-14-2007 at 02:42 PM..
OFFLINE |