View Single Post
coldfire756
07-14-2007, 10:28 AM

This was my first Tool show, so I don't have anything to compare it to when I say it was amazing. After what I'd read in other review threads, I wasn't expecting much from Big Business. To my surprise they were pretty good, though it was really tough for me to hear the vocals.

Tool was really tight; I only noticed a couple of errors. It seemed like Adam got lost in one part of Rosetta Stoned and Maynard had some technical issues with his mic. I noticed him look offstage and point at the mic, as if he was asking 'Is this on?'. Lateralus intro was also a little shaky, but whatever. They're only human. Flood took me by surprise, as I was expecting Intension/Right in Two, but it was a great pick. I noticed that a lot of people around me didn't seem to know the song.

I was standing almost in the exact middle of the floor, unfortunately. There was a mosh pit just to my left that ruined Stinkfist and 46&2 for me. After that I just tried to ignore them, but seriously.. What's the point of throwing your dumbass friends into people who are actually there to appreciate the show?

Oh well. Great show overall; thanks for coming up here.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

This was my first Tool show, so I don't have anything to compare it to when I say it was amazing. After what I'd read in other review threads, I wasn't expecting much from Big Business. To my surprise they were pretty good, though it was really tough for me to hear the vocals.

Tool was really tight; I only noticed a couple of errors. It seemed like Adam got lost in one part of Rosetta Stoned and Maynard had some technical issues with his mic. I noticed him look offstage and point at the mic, as if he was asking 'Is this on?'. Lateralus intro was also a little shaky, but whatever. They're only human. Flood took me by surprise, as I was expecting Intension/Right in Two, but it was a great pick. I noticed that a lot of people around me didn't seem to know the song.

I was standing almost in the exact middle of the floor, unfortunately. There was a mosh pit just to my left that ruined Stinkfist and 46&2 for me. After that I just tried to ignore them, but seriously.. What's the point of throwing your dumbass friends into people who are actually there to appreciate the show?

Oh well. Great show overall; thanks for coming up here.
OFFLINE |