View Single Post
Capricorn.Carl
07-14-2007, 08:23 AM

Setlist above correct. This was my third tool show, second at CCCC. Sound quality is never amazing here (Maynard a bit low in the mix), but Tool put on a phenomenal performance. Being in the first row up against the fence with my girlfriend on Justin's side certainly helped me take it all in by being able to closely watch the musicians with the visual effects as ambiance. Completely different than Camden, NJ last year, during which I was on the lawn in the rain tripping. This was a sober occasion, and while I thought that might change my feelings about the show, my natural state of perception enhanced my appreciation for Tool, as well as bringing back a lot of those umwelt-changing emotions and ideas.

Immediately after Jambi, Maynard said something about "drinking enough fucking red bull to turn my fucking eyes red." During the Stinkfist extension, he was making the cut motion directed at Justin across his neck and put his hands together as if praying, then pantomimed drinking. Is Justin an alky or is Maynard just thirsty?

Rosetta Stoned blew my mind even more than at Camden, being able to watch Justin with Danny behind him, tearing it up. The breakdown in 3 with Justin playing the fast 11 over it might be the most amazing section of 10KD for me, and during it Maynard started clapping in rhythm goofily. Pretty soon the whole crowd was (I hate that shit in general, thus refraining - leave it to all the sheeple). Flood is the one song I was dying to hear, and we got it in all its sinister glory. So powerful. Just beforehand though, some asshole was pushing and shoving and pushing and shoving and had to be removed by security. Good riddance. I have a feeling Right in Two will become a mainstay next tour, with RS and WFM taking turns. The Lateralus drum solo was sick beyond words with the longest rallantando I've ever heard, and Maynard blew a big roll of toilet paper all over the Big Business drummer (great opener by the way, might have to pick up one of their albums, loved what they did with Melvins on (A) Senile Animal). Before Vicarious, Maynard spoke for quite a while, but I couldn't make out much of what he said, only "fans of the Old Port (??? I'd be impressed if he knew about OP), we used all the toilet paper. Watch out for each other, and don't fuck any wild animals on the way home. Thank you, peace out."

Last edited by Capricorn.Carl; 07-14-2007 at 08:25 AM..
Old 07-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/13 - Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center

Setlist above correct. This was my third tool show, second at CCCC. Sound quality is never amazing here (Maynard a bit low in the mix), but Tool put on a phenomenal performance. Being in the first row up against the fence with my girlfriend on Justin's side certainly helped me take it all in by being able to closely watch the musicians with the visual effects as ambiance. Completely different than Camden, NJ last year, during which I was on the lawn in the rain tripping. This was a sober occasion, and while I thought that might change my feelings about the show, my natural state of perception enhanced my appreciation for Tool, as well as bringing back a lot of those umwelt-changing emotions and ideas.

Immediately after Jambi, Maynard said something about "drinking enough fucking red bull to turn my fucking eyes red." During the Stinkfist extension, he was making the cut motion directed at Justin across his neck and put his hands together as if praying, then pantomimed drinking. Is Justin an alky or is Maynard just thirsty?

Rosetta Stoned blew my mind even more than at Camden, being able to watch Justin with Danny behind him, tearing it up. The breakdown in 3 with Justin playing the fast 11 over it might be the most amazing section of 10KD for me, and during it Maynard started clapping in rhythm goofily. Pretty soon the whole crowd was (I hate that shit in general, thus refraining - leave it to all the sheeple). Flood is the one song I was dying to hear, and we got it in all its sinister glory. So powerful. Just beforehand though, some asshole was pushing and shoving and pushing and shoving and had to be removed by security. Good riddance. I have a feeling Right in Two will become a mainstay next tour, with RS and WFM taking turns. The Lateralus drum solo was sick beyond words with the longest rallantando I've ever heard, and Maynard blew a big roll of toilet paper all over the Big Business drummer (great opener by the way, might have to pick up one of their albums, loved what they did with Melvins on (A) Senile Animal). Before Vicarious, Maynard spoke for quite a while, but I couldn't make out much of what he said, only "fans of the Old Port (??? I'd be impressed if he knew about OP), we used all the toilet paper. Watch out for each other, and don't fuck any wild animals on the way home. Thank you, peace out."

Last edited by Capricorn.Carl; 07-14-2007 at 08:25 AM..
OFFLINE |