View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #76
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

This was my first Tool show, and what a ride it was. I took a bus from Boston into Manhattan, from there I was going to take the shuttle from the port authority into the arena. The problem I had was that the fucking bus, which left at 2 pm, took 6 and a half hours to get to the terminal. By the time I was off it, there were no more shuttles, which took a lot of sprinting up and down the area to discover. So I dropped 60 bucks on a cab, and I walked into the arena literally right as Tool came on stage.

The show was incredible. I was on the floor, right next to the soundboard, so the mix I heard was fucking perfect. I was kind of disappointed by the view, especially now after I've seen videos and pictures of the video projections on the stage floor, but I was positioned perfectly for the laser show. The laser-illuminated thunderclouds that formed when they began 10,000 days were right above us down there...just out of arm's reach. It was wild. As for the band, they were spot on. Justin and Adam were sick as hell...I couldn't believe how badass Jambi was. I always found that song rather boring, but seeing Adam roar through that talkbox solo live was one of the high points of the whole show. Also Rosetta Stoned. I loved that song already, and seeing it live just made me appreciate it even more. They nailed every part of it, too. Also Schism, the double-time bridge...and Stinkfist, and 46 & 2, and The Pot...The way they close these shows, though, is what I can't get over, from the lasers in 10,000 days to sitting on the stage as 10,000 lighters illuminate the arena to melting everyone's face off with Vicarious, Lateralus, and Aenema.

How can one band be so good?

What an experience. Also a big thanks to Mayfair for hooking me up with my ticket. Thanks again bro!

Last edited by elevation; 10-12-2006 at 03:10 PM..
OFFLINE |