View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #75
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaringJunky View Post
Thanks for all of your wonderful insight. Its really great to know more about the way the system works. Also like you I LOVED the show, I thought Tool was on top of their game and performed a top notch show. I guess that since this was my first show, I had too high expectations about the sound. Since it always sounds so sharp and perfect on the record I was expecting the same in a live setting, which is not all that realistic to expect. I would certainly like to go again, and I look forward to future tours.
Thanks again for your expert insight, I appreciate it.
You're welcome SJ.

Really all that matters is that you enjoyed the experience, which it seems we all did. What stuck with me this week were the musical highlights, not the minor technical nitpicking that I'm guilty of. I can still hear the stops in "Stinkfist" like they played it for me 5 minutes ago...

{I'll}

====={Keep}

========{Digging}

('Till I}

==={Feel}

======{Something}

So as far as all are concerned, mission accomplished...
The fans got to see the band live, the roadcrew was employed for a few months, the Union Stagehands put some hours in, the production rental houses made some dough on the equipment rentals, the bus charter companies can pay the leases this month, and best of all, TOOL made a shitload of cash to carry them for the next 5 years!

As long as they keep making records, I'll keep supporting them.

Heading to the same venue Friday 10/13 to see the Iron Maiden show. Should be interesting, as they're quite a departure from what we just experienced last week!

~Parcans~

BTW it's been a great week. Between Tool and Iron Maiden, MANCHESTER UNITED took over the lead in the Premiership!

Last edited by Parcans; 10-12-2006 at 02:44 PM..
OFFLINE |