View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:54 AM   #74
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcans View Post
Well, the last thing I would want to do is throw a fellow production guy under the bus, so let me preface this by saying that I thought the A1 did an excellent job under the circumstances. That arena isn't the greatest place to mix in.

I was in section 122, about halfway up. There was a set of arrays aiming our way, so that set was what we were hearing.

The lack of "fullness" to the sound is more inherent in the design of the Line Array speaker system, and not something overlooked by a mixing engineer. The highs getting too loud, however, can sometimes be contributed to frequencies that Engineer has lost over the years if he doesn't wear some kind of hearing protection.

Still, it was a GREAT show. No matter what the show looks like, it's ultimately about the music, not the packaging or presentation of it. Tool played a great set, and I appreciate the hard work they all put in to bring us the show.

Enjoy the time off. Nothing like getting home after a long run of shows!

~Parcans~
Thanks for all of your wonderful insight. Its really great to know more about the way the system works. Also like you I LOVED the show, I thought Tool was on top of their game and performed a top notch show. I guess that since this was my first show, I had too high expectations about the sound. Since it always sounds so sharp and perfect on the record I was expecting the same in a live setting, which is not all that realistic to expect. I would certainly like to go again, and I look forward to future tours.
Thanks again for your expert insight, I appreciate it.
OFFLINE |