View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #66
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! This was my boyfriends first Tool concert (he was impressed of course), my second since Halloween 01 & I have to say I was blown away AGAIN.

Before I sat down, I met Alex Grey, the artist for most of their album/tour/merchandise art. Him & his wife are really nice. I went to CoSM back in April for a listening party & explaination of his work. AMAZING. Everyone was looking at me like I was nuts for going up to Grey haired guy and started a conversation.

We started out next to the stage where the bands exit and enter, Section 110 row 2 but the crew told us if we wanted we could move to 112 row 2, which was even better. We moved mainly because of bad visual (speakers in the way) &the seats are wireds tied together and your practically hugging your neighbor. We listened to some of ISIS when Justin came out before we moved. I personally think there are too many people for them to sound more clear and organized. Other than that, they are decent. I don't regret moving because we got a better sound, visual of the screens, Maynards swinging & the lights.

There was this baldheaded guy standing next to my boyfriend that looked kinda like Maynard & was so blasted that he was on the playful role, shaking his hand & patting him on the shoulder for letting him take cover next to us while standing on the steps. We found him amusing.

I had an extra pair of tickets for Section 126 & couldn't find anyone to give them to for FREE outside. Guess everyone thought I was up to something...

Once the band came out, everyone from the seats we had kept moving back & forth to the comp'd ones. That & the cigarette smoke were the only two things that bothered me AND the fact that the ignorant fans that don't know Wings/10k Days is ONE song dedicated to Maynards mother & were going for beer/bathroom runs like it was an intermission. That & Ænema were what I really looked forward to & they made my skin crawl with excitement. I can't pick a favorite because the whole show was BANANAS.

I regret not purchasing NY tix considering I live here, but hopefully they extend it & do somemore shows when they come back from Europe. if not I'll have to wait for another album, like waiting for the Olympics...