View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 04:25 AM   #63
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/06 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaringJunky View Post
Where were you sitting? I was in 109 row 12 and would have to agree with you, it was worst on the vocals and got pretty annoying at times.

Also anyone know what isis played, I though the first two songs were pretty generic but the 3rd kicked ass and the 4th had some real nice atmospherics.

Well, the last thing I would want to do is throw a fellow production guy under the bus, so let me preface this by saying that I thought the A1 did an excellent job under the circumstances. That arena isn't the greatest place to mix in.

I was in section 122, about halfway up. There was a set of arrays aiming our way, so that set was what we were hearing.

The lack of "fullness" to the sound is more inherent in the design of the Line Array speaker system, and not something overlooked by a mixing engineer. The highs getting too loud, however, can sometimes be contributed to frequencies that Engineer has lost over the years if he doesn't wear some kind of hearing protection.

Still, it was a GREAT show. No matter what the show looks like, it's ultimately about the music, not the packaging or presentation of it. Tool played a great set, and I appreciate the hard work they all put in to bring us the show.

Enjoy the time off. Nothing like getting home after a long run of shows!

~Parcans~
OFFLINE |