View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 05:22 AM   #112
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

My review…

Pretty much everything I would cover has been covered above, so I’ll try to keep it short:

Highlights: Rosetta Stoned has easily become my favorite track on the new album, Lateralus bores me a bit (overplayed) but I thought it was great Saturday night, 46&2 had me by the balls.

Lowlights: Wings & 10,000 days (just don’t think either come across very well live and I felt the energy leave the pit during the 13 (or whatever) minutes. Just MHO so the first assclown to lash out at me for this can eat a bowl of dick up.

Other shit:

Once again, I get my long, sensitive fingers on one of Danny’s flung drum heads but it’s not to be. At the HBC the motherfucker beside me (I think he posted in this thread) got it, and at the Amp it was right behind me. Some 4’ tall security guy picked it up, and I’m saying to him “I’ve got a hundred bucks right now if you hand me that” and doesn’t the little Mayan motherfucker just hurl it in to the air. Fucker.

I was in the pit, at the back, right in front of Justin and he was more energetic than I have ever seen him.

It’s Monday morning and my back and neck still hurt. I swear to Christ that I was the only fucking person within 20 feet of me that was in to it. I’m not interested in moshing, but Jebus – I was a convulsing retard in a sea of statues. I think I scared my girlfriend a bit but it’s been 6 years so WTF is she gonna do? Leave me because Tool triggers some spastic groove reflex in my body?

Yes, a few fuck ups, but I’ve yet to see a Tool show that was fuck-up free. I could care less if Adam blew a note or Maynard butchered the lyrics. Whatever.

Hope all of the out of town folks had a safe and enjoyable stay in Toronto, and had a chance to see more than just the Molson Amp.

Oh, yeah, this gave me a rash: GF and I get there, we’re heading to our seats and some ticket puncher at the pit entrance isn’t letting ppl in. I’m like “WTF?” and find out they are out of wristbands. I’m like “I don’t give a fuck. Here’s my ticket, let me in” and a giant, giant security guard comes over and just gives me the creepiest steroid-fuelled bug-eyed stare ever. Oooohhhh Kaaaaaaay…I’ll wait, giant man. Then the band comes out and starts the show. Well now I’m losing it, and there are dozens of people behind me wondering WTF. After about 2 or 3 minutes, they get more stupid wrist bands and slowly, one by one, let us in. What a joke. How the fuck do you run out of them? Why the hell do we even need them? Ugh. Not a good way to start the show.

Anyhow, long story short – great show. Think I might have liked the H-bird more though. Oh, and the lasers? Meh. They were fine, but some guy in a previous thread was all “I’ve seen Floyd and have been to hundreds of shows over the years but I’ve never seen anything like that”. To him, I say “Bullshit!” they OK, but there was nothing even remotely mind-blowing about the light show. I thought the visuals on the Lateralus tour were way, way better.

Great show. Thank you, Tool.

Last edited by Bino; 09-25-2006 at 05:27 AM..
OFFLINE |