View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #87
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereandthere View Post
but then...why post in a concert review forum in the first place? There are features that differentiate some tool shows from others. This particular one featured a sub-par performance from Adam...fine, i'm sure he's had some really killer shows where he played amazingly...this wasn't one of them...that's my review, and that makes me an asshole.

It seems to me this entire forum is fairly pointless if the breadth of the commentary is "great show, everything about it ruled," as if every show is the same.

In fact I bet there have been a few absolutely fucking horrifically bad tool shows...
Dude, you are missing the point. A negative review or viewpoint isnt....considered stupid, what people kind of gauge is stupid at you saying he was "sub-par" outright because of a few mistakes. If Adam really fucked something up, to the point where it stuck in a lot of our minds, and all us nerds rolled into TDN to mention "adam's fuck up" sure....then there is grounds to call it a sub-par night. But because he missed a riff or two, he's judged as sub-par? riiiiiiiiight, its just an awfully overtly picky kind of opinion. Hence you being like Comic-Book-Guy.

"Adam Jones.....worst performance ever"
"missed 6 riffs and timing was off by an average of .56 seconds on 5 different songs....worst perfornance ever, his imperfection and tactless performance ruined the show for me"

so once again, post whateber you want. I do. hey guys! rosetta stoned is a pile of shit, live or on disc, let be honest here. see....they dont care.

but really....in all due respect, go wash your pussy.
OFFLINE |