View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:37 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

First off I just have to say you fans in Columbus kick ass. This was my 3rd show and the other 2 I've been to there has always been a handful of people acting like idiots, I'm sure everyone has witnessed. Great energy from everyone, I thought it was really cool how people were cheering for Isis and gave them a big round of applause before they left the stage. I heard them while I was in line for a shirt and some beer then caught their last 2 or 3 songs from my seat and I liked what I heard. Tool - Most everyone in section 113 was in to every song, singing along and groovin to the masterpiece that we just can't seem to get enough of. All the Maynardism's are covered, although Mr. Originality said the "What's round on the outside and hi in the middle" brain teaser last tour, I had a feeling he'd say it again. Why so predictable Maynard? During Wings 1 and 2 the crowd was pretty solemn, cheering here and there with lighters of course. I couldn't hear him very well when he said "I dedicate this to" but it sounded like Marie which would make sense but I don't know for sure, couldn't hear him that well. At first I thought Danny was rocking a Cavaliers jersey which would be fitting but once he got up I noticed that it was a Clippers jersey, Elton Brand I think but might have been a throwback. At the end of Aenema where the guy in the cowboy hat has been singing the "fuck retro anyting fuck your tattoos, fuck all you junkies and fuck your short memories" 3 times in all the previous shows, he actually switched it up and put the L Ron Hubbard and so on lyrics back in. Did anyone else notice that or was my brain singing the song for me? Touch'e Mr. Keenan, maybe you're not so predictable. Everything rocked, in my opinion the place to be for this tour is up in the higher arena so you can see the "floor screen" as we're calling it, I didn't get to experience that since I was so low. Wonderful show, exquisite atmosphere. Thanks Columbus for being a very hospitable host and thanks TOOL for putting on a magnificent show. Y'all come back now ya hear!!!

Last edited by Leaf; 09-22-2006 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: Typos fool
OFFLINE |