View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #69
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneOnceAgain97 View Post
It was an alright show, I guess.

I was too stoned to remember ISIS, so I don't know about them.

As for Tool:
I didn't realize how bad the set list truly was until I heard it live. There were no epic songs (other than WFM/XKD). It was all singles-and rather boring ones at that. The Lateralus songs were absolutely beautiful, but when they played the 10,000 Days songs, I found myself becoming terribly bored-to the point that I actually sat down during Jambi.

As for Maynard:
Horrible. It seems as if Maynard has read so many reviews bashing on how he used to perform that he has forced himself to normalize, if you will. He wore jeans, no shirt, and a cowboy hat. He remained standing the entire time (not just standing-but that arrogant rock star stance). If I wanted to see a standard rock star, I would have caught the Godsmack/Rob Zombie concert a few weeks ago. When I see Maynard, I want to see him in his underwear, cross-dressed, painted, or curled into a ball letting lose. I want to feel what he's singing. Last night I didn't.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good show and all; sounded good, looked decent, I guess. It just wasn't... Tool.

But if look at the length of allbum, the laser light show etc, it would seem that the intension was to have a straight rock concert.
OFFLINE |