View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #60
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelrabbit23 View Post
He he he....we were sitting right behind you in row O and we were a tad rowdy, at least I was. :) We had a pretty good section.

---------------------

AMAZING SHOW! as Bill would say: "Night and day. NIGHT AND FUCKING DAY!"

This show completely made up for the Houston show, from the security to MJK. I was so happy, I know I was glowing. :) Free parking??!? Where? Damn, we had to pay 10 bucks, but I guess it was no big deal since we are from Austin and know nothing about Dallas. We went in the Houston street entrance. There were all of these people standing in these 2 really long lines for no reason. The lady that worked there kept telling folks that there was no wait in the middle, that all the doors were open and they didn't have to stand in those lines. We walked right up and our line to get in was like 10 people long. The security was so simple: take the stuff out of your pockets, put it in a bucket, walk through the metal detector, pick your stuff up and go. It took us like 3 minutes to get in vs. 40 minutes in Houston. Even the line for beer was less than 5 minutes and they had decent beer.

ISIS wasn't bad. I don't care for the deep growling death metal screams but I did enjoy the music. They remind me of Mogwai, just harder.

TOOL was amazing. Memford was still a little too quiet, or his vocals were turned down, but it was a vast improvement from the other night in Houston. The vibe from the band and the crowd was amazing as well. This was a very good crowd. I usually hate going to Dallas, but I really enjoyed these people. It was such a good show that when the show was over and we were all filing out the door, the crowd kept screaming in merriment. It was a good time.

I was super happy to hear Wings/10,000. It was perfect. I thought that I would cry at some point, but I was just too happy. Jambi was fucking great as was R.S., 46&2 and Aenema. But once again, Lateralus was the highlight of the show for me. They really have it down and that song does something to me. It's a religious experience for me. After Lateralus was over, my friends and I all gave each other a group hug. I even leaned over and hugged the guy in front of us in row N. He was so cute and really into the show. Don't know if I freaked him out, but he hugged back pretty tight...he he he.

The "gotta piss gotta piss gotta piss" was funny. He should have run off the stage after Lateralus to go pee. The band could've messed around for a minute or so.

Anyway, great show. I can't wait for them to come back to S.A. now. I do have to hate on Dallas for a second though. Why in the hell would the city have the exit for I35SE CLOSED when an event like that is getting out? It took us like 30 minutes to find a way around to get on the fucking highway. Poor planning. Poor!

Ok, we're off to Houston tonight to see Massive Attack. woo-hoo.

We were in 116...J, on the aisle next t0 117...great view, great sound...great show! mjk was on, and I feel bad for the Houston/Woodlands folks...Now all we need to do is get San Antonio rescheduled, add 'right in two' to the setlist...and honestly...why not a throwback...I'd die to heare Opiate live AGAIN!!!
OFFLINE |