View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 06:46 AM   #46
c-munky

Bincount™: 14206
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosenesque View Post
^Honestly, I thought he used his fingers too, but he definately used a pick for last night's version. I was 20 feet away from him, so it was pretty obvious to me he was using a pick.

Perhaps he uses a pick only for the live version just to get the bassline to stand out a litle more.
he used his fingers (at least for the begining). i was in the front row about 15 feet away.

now the review...

Seat: Section 11, Row A, Seat 7 (front row, about 10 feet from the stage)

This was my third Tool show and my second favorite. I was able to get a front row ticket for face value from a fellow member of www.toolnavy.com (thanks Randie!!!). I have never been this close during a Tool show for and it was awesome.

First things first; the music. As you can see from the set list they mainly played songs from the new album, which is to be expected. I would have liked a little more variety, but it was great seeing the new material live. Highlights for me were 46+2 (which I had never seen live before) and Jambi. They played both flawlessly. I was glad too see Wings/10k Days although the crowd did seem a little bored during it. Maynard was still sick but put on a good show none the less. He didnt hit all of the notes and left out a line or two but still did a damn fine job. Danny killed as usual, as did Justin and Adam. As a bassist it was very cool to be so close to Justin. Watching him play makes me just want to give up because i know I'll never be that good, haha. One of the best parts of the show was near the end. Maynard complained about having to piss. During Aenima he changed the lyrics from "learn to swim" to "got to piss." It added some welcome humor to the performance.

The stage set up was pretty damn cool. They had decent lighting with some lasers. As usual they had some pretty cool videos playing but this time they used the entire stage as a big projection screen. I couldnt see it well from so close up, but its a pretty badass idea. Otherwise, the set up was fairly simple but effective.

Overall is was an excellent show. I give it an A.
OFFLINE |