View Single Post
EyesOfAFallenAngel's Avatar EyesOfAFallenAngel
07-25-2009, 11:54 AM

Okay, now that I've gotten some sleep...

Once again, an amazing show. This was my 4th show, and in the 4th state, too! (NC, WV, CA, and now TX).

My husband and I were in section 200, right up front. It was nice not having anyone sitting in front of us, and we had a good, center view.

Tweak Bird was alright, would have been better had they stuck to playing the instruments, and left the vocals out. Not impressed with the vocals, at all.

Jambi is still a powerful opening song. Gives off a great energy to start the show off.

Stinkfist was a major highlight for me. First time seeing live, and it was nothing short of awesome! I'm pretty sure it was during this song that they threw in the first few notes of Eulogy? Did anyone else hear that? It may have been during something else, but I'm pretty sure it was towards the end of Stinkfist. What a tease!

46&2, wonderful as ever. Schism was very good, of course the crowd sang along to this one.
Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned were pretty good. Maynard speaking into the megaphone was jumbled, at best. He could have easily been making turkey sounds and we wouldn't have known! Ha. Flood was powerful, and the sound was very good for this one.

Aenema, the other major highlight for me. The crowd was totally into this one, maybe the most out of any other song during the night. Definitely awesome live, and was a wonderful treat.

Lateralus was great, but didn't really move me like it normally does. The "drumsterbation" was okay, but I remember other drum offs being better (ie: the drum off with Big Business drummer in WV). What was Maynard saying about the Make a Wish foundation? Sounded like he said the suest drummer was from the Make a Wish Foundation, and it was his last wish, or something. Couldn't make out all of it.

And finally, Vicarious. I, too, agree that the final lyrics should have been sung, but hey, it was still great.

The crowd was awesome. The energy in the arena was really strong, and it made for an even better show. As far as leaving the venue, yeah, it was pretty quick, but once we got out onto the street, it was like the drunk morons took over the road. Saw 3 near accidents, because people were just being pushy assholes.

So, overall, amazing show. The band was right on, and seemed to be really into the music. Maynard's singing was just a little different, maybe more melodic? Either way, it was all great.

Maynard's random speaking (as best as I can recall):
"So you all have nothing better to do on a Friday night?"

"I want to try an experiment. Let's do an experiment. Imagine this is your apartment, and everyone here is your roommate. So, pick up your underwear, do your own dishes, and look out for your roommates."

"Anyone here any good Michael Jackson jokes lately? Is it too soon? Is that bad taste? Is there a time frame you have to wait before it's funny?"

"Oh, and the dog shit in the spare bedroom, FYI. May want to clean that up before mom comes over."

***"Thank you for coming out. Rather, thank you for having us IN."

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly

Last edited by EyesOfAFallenAngel; 07-25-2009 at 12:03 PM..
Old 07-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3227
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Okay, now that I've gotten some sleep...

Once again, an amazing show. This was my 4th show, and in the 4th state, too! (NC, WV, CA, and now TX).

My husband and I were in section 200, right up front. It was nice not having anyone sitting in front of us, and we had a good, center view.

Tweak Bird was alright, would have been better had they stuck to playing the instruments, and left the vocals out. Not impressed with the vocals, at all.

Jambi is still a powerful opening song. Gives off a great energy to start the show off.

Stinkfist was a major highlight for me. First time seeing live, and it was nothing short of awesome! I'm pretty sure it was during this song that they threw in the first few notes of Eulogy? Did anyone else hear that? It may have been during something else, but I'm pretty sure it was towards the end of Stinkfist. What a tease!

46&2, wonderful as ever. Schism was very good, of course the crowd sang along to this one.
Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned were pretty good. Maynard speaking into the megaphone was jumbled, at best. He could have easily been making turkey sounds and we wouldn't have known! Ha. Flood was powerful, and the sound was very good for this one.

Aenema, the other major highlight for me. The crowd was totally into this one, maybe the most out of any other song during the night. Definitely awesome live, and was a wonderful treat.

Lateralus was great, but didn't really move me like it normally does. The "drumsterbation" was okay, but I remember other drum offs being better (ie: the drum off with Big Business drummer in WV). What was Maynard saying about the Make a Wish foundation? Sounded like he said the suest drummer was from the Make a Wish Foundation, and it was his last wish, or something. Couldn't make out all of it.

And finally, Vicarious. I, too, agree that the final lyrics should have been sung, but hey, it was still great.

The crowd was awesome. The energy in the arena was really strong, and it made for an even better show. As far as leaving the venue, yeah, it was pretty quick, but once we got out onto the street, it was like the drunk morons took over the road. Saw 3 near accidents, because people were just being pushy assholes.

So, overall, amazing show. The band was right on, and seemed to be really into the music. Maynard's singing was just a little different, maybe more melodic? Either way, it was all great.

Maynard's random speaking (as best as I can recall):
"So you all have nothing better to do on a Friday night?"

"I want to try an experiment. Let's do an experiment. Imagine this is your apartment, and everyone here is your roommate. So, pick up your underwear, do your own dishes, and look out for your roommates."

"Anyone here any good Michael Jackson jokes lately? Is it too soon? Is that bad taste? Is there a time frame you have to wait before it's funny?"

"Oh, and the dog shit in the spare bedroom, FYI. May want to clean that up before mom comes over."

***"Thank you for coming out. Rather, thank you for having us IN."

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly

Last edited by EyesOfAFallenAngel; 07-25-2009 at 12:03 PM..
OFFLINE |