View Single Post
lzep86's Avatar lzep86
07-24-2009, 10:10 PM

Before I review, I've got to give it up to Tweak Bird. Those motherfuckers can wail for a two-piece, and Ashton (the drummer) owned during Lateralus.

Band was tight as I've ever seen them, Maynard was hilarious, the acoustics at the SBC Center are sketch, but Tool still pulled it off. Lasers/Videos were stellar as usual.

Flood and Aenema were the highlights of the night for me, oldies are always fun. Justin's enormous hat, along with he and Adam's all-white get-ups were awesome.

Danny solidified, as he always does, his place as the best live drummer walking the face of the planet. The guy not only nails every note, he improvised in nearly every song, nailed his Stinkfist extension, and brought the house down with Lateralus.

Fourth time seeing these guys, and not only do the shows impress, but the loyalty (and near-rabid behavior) of the fans is what makes a Tool concert so enjoyable.

Like Maynard said, "Imagine that this is your house. And everyone else is your roommate. So pick up your underwear, do your dishes... and, oh, the dog shit in the spare room, better pick that up before mom comes over."

Last edited by lzep86; 07-24-2009 at 10:16 PM..
Old 07-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 07.24.09 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center

Before I review, I've got to give it up to Tweak Bird. Those motherfuckers can wail for a two-piece, and Ashton (the drummer) owned during Lateralus.

Band was tight as I've ever seen them, Maynard was hilarious, the acoustics at the SBC Center are sketch, but Tool still pulled it off. Lasers/Videos were stellar as usual.

Flood and Aenema were the highlights of the night for me, oldies are always fun. Justin's enormous hat, along with he and Adam's all-white get-ups were awesome.

Danny solidified, as he always does, his place as the best live drummer walking the face of the planet. The guy not only nails every note, he improvised in nearly every song, nailed his Stinkfist extension, and brought the house down with Lateralus.

Fourth time seeing these guys, and not only do the shows impress, but the loyalty (and near-rabid behavior) of the fans is what makes a Tool concert so enjoyable.

Like Maynard said, "Imagine that this is your house. And everyone else is your roommate. So pick up your underwear, do your dishes... and, oh, the dog shit in the spare room, better pick that up before mom comes over."

Last edited by lzep86; 07-24-2009 at 10:16 PM..
OFFLINE |