View Single Post
stepintotheshadow
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam_leo28 View Post
I am a long time listener, first time concert goer....
First of all, I admire Maynard for standing in the shadows. He lets the spotlight be on the MUSIC and not on him. I loved how they seemed to play to and off of each other, feeding off of each other in a sense. The perfect blend of music, vocals, and art. As Patrick Donovan puts it: Tool is "the thinking person's metal band. Cerebral and visceral, soft and heavy, melodic and abrasive, tender and brutal, familiar and strange, western and eastern, beautiful and ugly, taut yet sprawling and epic, they are a tangle of contradictions." Couldn't have described them better if I tried.
I have to say that, overall, I was completely blown away. I was left reeling and out of breath from each mind-blowing feast-for-the-senses that I was exposed to. I felt like I was experiencing Tool again for the very first time. I felt like I felt when I was 14 and listening to the first of many tracks that would ultimately change my life. It was like I was floating on those notes and vocals (no, I wasn't high or drunk) feeling each and every rhythm sent out to us, the fans. I felt like I had come home.
Needless to say, I had to take a few minutes to recover after it was all over before I could even get out of my seat. My god. The. Best. Experience. Ever. Thank you, Tool.
^^perfectly said... and now.. once again.. i am obsessed..
Old 02-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.03.2012 - Hampton, VA @ Hampton Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam_leo28 View Post
I am a long time listener, first time concert goer....
First of all, I admire Maynard for standing in the shadows. He lets the spotlight be on the MUSIC and not on him. I loved how they seemed to play to and off of each other, feeding off of each other in a sense. The perfect blend of music, vocals, and art. As Patrick Donovan puts it: Tool is "the thinking person's metal band. Cerebral and visceral, soft and heavy, melodic and abrasive, tender and brutal, familiar and strange, western and eastern, beautiful and ugly, taut yet sprawling and epic, they are a tangle of contradictions." Couldn't have described them better if I tried.
I have to say that, overall, I was completely blown away. I was left reeling and out of breath from each mind-blowing feast-for-the-senses that I was exposed to. I felt like I was experiencing Tool again for the very first time. I felt like I felt when I was 14 and listening to the first of many tracks that would ultimately change my life. It was like I was floating on those notes and vocals (no, I wasn't high or drunk) feeling each and every rhythm sent out to us, the fans. I felt like I had come home.
Needless to say, I had to take a few minutes to recover after it was all over before I could even get out of my seat. My god. The. Best. Experience. Ever. Thank you, Tool.
^^perfectly said... and now.. once again.. i am obsessed..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote