View Single Post
tool8loot
01-31-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp103 View Post
I have no qualms personally about how Tool acts on stage.. My gripe is that a band of this magnitude shouldn't be only playing 1 hour 30 minutes for ticket prices that match other bands of the same genre that will play 2 1/2-3 hours. The 2nd gripe is the fact they are repeating the same songs over and over such as 46-2, Aenema, Schism, Stinkfist the past 10 years. The absolute lack of any songs off of UnderTow and Opiate is not acceptable in my personal opinion
I hear ya but we have to consider their catalog of songs. 1 EP and 4 albums doesn't leave much to choose from. My guess is they are playing favorites, which is fine with me. There are some songs i've only heard once like Flood and Ticks. I want to hear Right in Two. They probably won't play much off Opiate because of the strain it would put on Maynards vocals. I am shocked they are playing Ticks because of that. The only reason they probably are is because it's such a short tour so they're playing it while they can.
The ticket price thing is what it is. The venue and others are taking a big chunk of that. Because of the way music is sold (which a lot of people get for free) the band deserves every penny of what they get since most of the money they do make is from touring.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp103 View Post
I have no qualms personally about how Tool acts on stage.. My gripe is that a band of this magnitude shouldn't be only playing 1 hour 30 minutes for ticket prices that match other bands of the same genre that will play 2 1/2-3 hours. The 2nd gripe is the fact they are repeating the same songs over and over such as 46-2, Aenema, Schism, Stinkfist the past 10 years. The absolute lack of any songs off of UnderTow and Opiate is not acceptable in my personal opinion
I hear ya but we have to consider their catalog of songs. 1 EP and 4 albums doesn't leave much to choose from. My guess is they are playing favorites, which is fine with me. There are some songs i've only heard once like Flood and Ticks. I want to hear Right in Two. They probably won't play much off Opiate because of the strain it would put on Maynards vocals. I am shocked they are playing Ticks because of that. The only reason they probably are is because it's such a short tour so they're playing it while they can.
The ticket price thing is what it is. The venue and others are taking a big chunk of that. Because of the way music is sold (which a lot of people get for free) the band deserves every penny of what they get since most of the money they do make is from touring.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote